SocialEngine PHP users will be pleased to hear of the platform's latest release, version 4.8.2.
The widely popular social network software comes in two editions; SocialEngine Cloud and SocialEngine PHP (non-hosted).
SocialEngine is completely unbranded and can be customized to no end. Thanks to the large SocialEngine Community, there are also plenty of addons and themes to be experimented with.
With SocialEngine PHP 4.8.2, numerous bug and performance fixes have been introduced. Here's a quick overview of what SocialEngine PHP users can expect.
SocialEngine 4.8.2 Features:
- Added ability to sort and filter login history
- Added option to not automatically friend request invited members
- Select language based on the browser’s Accept-Language header
SocialEngine 4.8.2 Bug fixes:
- Improved request backoff for activity feed and chat polling
- Deleting a photo from an album no longer will remove album from your activity feed
- Made searching members less strict
- Users who don’t meet the privacy criteria cannot be added as guests to an event
Additionally, SocialEngine have also implemented a Core Zend update, which was originally outlined in their 4.8.0 Release Notes. They upgraded Zend to 1.12.3, which resolved a long list of bugs in the software. Unfortunately, it didn’t quite work for everybody who upgraded to 4.8.0 at the time - but with 4.8.2, all Zend-related issues have been fixed.
SocialEngine offer a 14-day free trial. To test the software out, or to find out more, visit their website. For more information on this new release, the 4.8.2 Release Notes.
Also, be sure to explore more of SocialEngine via our CMS Directory.