This site uses affiliate links as a means of monetization.
In this post, we’re going to talk about Contentstack – a leading pioneer of the new headless CMS. But first, let’s look at what a headless CMS actually is.
A headless CMS provides a much more efficient alternative to the traditional CMS and allows developers to offer more engaging user experiences. It consists only of an API and the backend technology that stores and delivers your content. The “headless” description refers to the frontend, which doesn’t exist here. Using a headless CMS gives developers the freedom to build a custom frontend framework that’s perfectly designed for your project.
This new approach streamlines the entire content management system as it enables developers to provide content as a service. By taking this approach, a headless CMS makes it much easier to create, author, and organize content, which leads to more effective workflows and improved collaboration. If you don’t enjoy the rigid nature of a traditional CMS, a headless CMS could be just what you’re looking for, Mobile developers will especially benefit from a headless CMS as the API allows them to deliver content to an iOS/Android app from the same backend.
Contentstack has been named as a leader in headless CMS by Forrester in “The Rise Of The Headless Content Management System” and has fast become the preferred choice for large enterprises across the country.such as Cisco and Dell. Why? Well, let’s look at a few of main benefits of adopting a headless CMS:
- Implementation and onboarding takes less than 30 minutes
- Customers have launched full ecommerce-ready sites in a matter of days.
- Everything is 10 times faster compared to a traditional CMS.
- Changing content on a live site takes minutes, as opposed to hours or days. Launching an entirely new channel or site or app is measured in days, not weeks or months.
There are indeed a few players in the headless CMS game now, but there are also a number of core features that set Contentstack apart from the crowd:
- Powerful Integration Engine: you no longer need to settle for those static, non-customizable integrations, and plugins that break every single day.
- Unlimited Environments: publish content to any environment including development, testing, staging, and production.
- Full Cloud Integration Platform: Built.io Flow
- Ready to Plug-And-Play: 100s of turnkey integrations.
- AR, VR, A.I, and IoT ready: can be integrated to anything with an API and a digital heartbeat.
And It’s Not Just For Developers
Headless CMS is rightly known as a developer-friendly CMS. With Contentstack, developers get all the tools, SDKs, frameworks they can think of to benefit from the latest technology and build cool sites and apps. However, it also delivers on addressing the pain points of the content manager / business user.
This is a single CMS that offers two custom user experiences; one optimized for a content manager and the other optimized for the developer. Using Contentstack, business users have the control to manage their own content without having to wait on IT or an Agency. They can publish content themselves which is as simple as filling out a web form and hitting the “publish” button.
Business users can publish content across all digital channels – web, mobile, smartwatch, jumbotron – instantly. And there are numerous safeguards in place to prevent them from “breaking” anything. It’s a winning combination of self-service with quality control.
Exciting Features To Watch Out For
- Multiple Environments which are critical in real-world development and content management process. All users at an enterprise company need this feature and it’s Content Stack is the only provider offering it in the headless CMS space.
- The Contentstack Web Framework which makes your headless CMS feel more like the good parts of a traditional CMS for developers and helps to speed up their web development process. This unique feature to Contentstack includes; custom themes, plugins and hooks, configuration management, cache management, query engine, custom routing, and offline content synchronization.
A Powerful Headless CMS Solution
Contentstack is an powerful and intuitive headless CMS solution that caters equally to developers and marketers with its cleverly designed features and capabilities. Now that we’ve given you an overview of what a headless CMS can offer, how does it compare to your current CMS? We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments section below.