Volusion, an all-in-one website builder for retailers and brands, today unveiled Volusion 2, a new and significantly upgraded version of its software platform, underscoring the company’s refocus on the needs of small to medium sized businesses by helping them start selling on their websites faster. As part of this launch, Volusion also unveiled a new website, complete with an updated logo, branding and an improved UI, designed to engage with more founders in the SMB target market. These upgrades were driven by Volusion founder and CEO, Kevin Sproles, who recently returned to the helm of the company and helped it reach a new milestone, more than $25 billion in total transactions.
“Small and medium businesses deserve the same robust website features and level of service as the established enterprise,” said Kevin Sproles, Volusion CEO. “Since returning as CEO, my number one goal has been to get Volusion refocused to help these entrepreneurs succeed.”
Volusion 2, unveiled today, and currently in use with select Volusion clients in beta, represents a significant upgrade to the company’s core technology, which provides faster development cycles for Volusion clients (e.g.. adding new features and responding to demands at record speed), far surpassing what is currently available in the market. At launch, Volusion 2 integrates with Shippo, Paypal, Stripe and soon Zapier, Yopto, Square, Xero, and Amazon. Key features include:
- Quick & intuitive store setup to start selling immediately: Storefront editing is displayed in real time and visible across multiple view-ports for easy changes to any font, text, or product – no code required. Accelerated onboarding with PayPal and Stripe enables merchants to take payment before buyers have completed their site registration processes.
- Secure checkout, free SSL, and full-site HTTPS: Merchants can now host checkout on their own secure domain/URL so shoppers never leave their site. Included free on all Volusion plans, while other market players provide this feature for an added fee per month. And with full-site HTTPS merchants get an SEO boost from Google, resulting in more traffic and sales.
- Mobile-optimized all around: With more shoppers on mobile than desktop, Volusion 2 is optimized for mobile conversion. Merchants can manage their entire store on-the-go, anytime.
Volusion’s Vow: Making Success Accessible
With Volusion, merchants can access everything they need to create a business, and sell products online, in one solution:
- Easy to use DIY: Store set-up in minutes and customize with drag and drop ease – no coding required.
- Experts to do it for you: Volusion offers experts on-demand to help with custom design, marketing, SEO, and social media – either a la carte or in an ongoing plan.
- Uptime upends industry standard: 99.9% uptime is guaranteed – and if it’s not met, money is issued back to merchants.
- 24/7, 365…100 percent of the time: That means Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day… there is a live person at Volusion to answer questions and provide support for founders.
New Volusion Branding and Website
The new Volusion website is geared toward helping customers – new and existing – more easily find help and learn how to start and grow their businesses.
- A bigger spotlight on customers: Volusion has put greater emphasis on the customer, with tips to help start or grow their business, and features more real life customer successes and results. Sproles regularly talks with and visits customers, and invites them to Volusion’s headquarters, to stay connected on the features and support they find most valuable.
- Revamped Resources section: The resources section includes a revamped Help Center with expert written support articles and tutorials, a blog with fresh e-commerce insights, and guides that share online business resources.
- Ask Us Anything: The right help is on the way with the “Ask Us Anything” feature enabled across the entire website. Questions are answered typically in under 10 minutes and from the right commerce consultant within the company based on the customer’s request.
As part of its focused strategy, Volusion sold its cloud-based enterprise solution, Mozu, in October, 2016. Each Volusion employee and product are now 100% focused on SMB, which has resulted in increased revenues for the e-commerce company. Since Sproles’ return, Volusion has increased the average store revenue by over 8%, and processed more than 23M orders in 2016, generating over $3.6B in sales for Volusion merchants. Because Volusion doesn’t charge transaction fees, merchants keep more of that revenue. On average, a Volusion active merchant generates over $216k in revenue, more than 5x that of our leading competitor.
To learn more or to start creating your business on Volusion, visit www.volusion.com.