Software Update Gives Designers Enhanced Control Over Layout and Styling Of Dynamic Content, Delivers Enhanced Event Calendar, Blog, Spam Filter and Accessibility Compliance
Systems Alliance Inc., a software development firm and systems integrator providing high-value IT and business consulting services, today announced the release of Enhancement Pack 6 (EP 6), a software update for the company’s SiteExecutive Web content management (CMS). EP 6 introduces a new application layout editor and event calendar application, SiteExecutive Developer Edition, and enhancements to a number of other SiteExecutive components and capabilities.
Designers will be especially pleased with the new application Layout Editor, which provides a graphical user interface for arranging and styling dynamic content. This simplifies the process of defining and applying cascading style sheet (CSS) values to various content elements using reserve classes, providing designers with much greater control and flexibility, while also speeding the development of complex, dynamic Websites.
The new Event Calendar Application extends the functionality of the existing SiteExecutive Event Calendar Module. It addresses client requests for enhanced event and calendar management, search and display capabilities, including:
- Better categorization – it’s now easier to create and maintain event categories, making it easier to associate event content with other site content
- Improved SEO – URLs, title and browser tags are now search engine friendly
- Smarter layout and design – layout editor and extensive set of reserve classes enhances visual integration of calendar and event content with site graphics
- Greater scalability – database enhancements enable better performance for sites with multiple event calendars and large numbers of events
With EP 6, Systems Alliance is introducing enhancements to the SiteExecutive API which will accelerate development of custom applications, modules and integration with third-party applications and data sources. To support the adoption of the new API, Systems Alliance has also revamped its API and Extensibility training program, which is now offered as a three-day course. All clients who complete the training will be offered a free SiteExecutive Developer’s Edition license for use on local workstations only.
EP 6 includes a number of additional client requested enhancements, including:
- Better blogging – the SiteExecutive Blog Application is now easier to deploy and configure using the new Layout Editor and reserve classes
- Improved SPAM filtering – the SPAM filtering built into the SiteExecutive Advanced Forms module – reduces SPAM form submissions – has been enhanced to reduce false positives and now generates automated notifications alerting Website administrators of possible SPAM submissions.
- Smarter navigation – enhancements to the SiteExecutive Site Map and Site Info modules provide greater control over the range of content types displayed, enhancing site navigation and usability
- Accessibility compliance – EP 6 provides two enhancements for boosting site accessibility and SEO performance:
- Assignment of table header tag <th> at cell, row or column level
- Assignment of “default language” html code at the site, folder or page level
A complete list is available from the SiteExecutive Support Center (requires login).
About SiteExecutive Web Content Management Software
SiteExecutive Web content management software reduces the complexity, cost and effort of building highly effective Websites for organizations of all sizes. It gives non-technical personnel the means to create and publish Web content and deploy Websites in real-time, while enforcing compliance with organizational processes, branding guidelines and industry best practices. To learn more, please visit: http://www.siteexecutive.com.
About Systems Alliance
Systems Alliance, Inc., founded in 1993, is a Maryland-based company that provides business and technology consulting services to leading corporate and public sector clients, including Asurion, Condé Nast, Johns Hopkins Institutions, Random House, Inc., Baltimore County Government, and Maryland Department of Transportation. Systems Alliance has local offices in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Michigan. To learn more, visit http://www.systemsalliance.com