This site uses affiliate links as a means of monetization.
Version 3.3 of the popular open source CMS brings the following enhancements and changes to the platform:
- Automatic redirection when accessing link objects;
- Resource registry improvements that make it easier to organize IE fixes;
- More consistent HTML that makes theming with collective.xdv or Deliverance easier;
- Improvements to the Windows installer, so it asks for password when it doesn't have the right permissions when being run;
- Improvements to document locking behavior and timeouts, as well as the ability to disable it entirely;
- Fixes for Internet Explorer 8;
- Default disabling of in-line editing, which is invaluable in some use contexts, but causes usability problems in others;
- A new view to render calendar events using the iCalendar standard;
- Improved access to content histories;
- The ability to customize indexing strategies with adapters; and,
- Auto-discovery of ZCML configuration directives for add-on products.
In related news, there have also been a number of new additions to the Plone foundation board which you can read more about here.