Nuxeo, the Open Source Enterprise Content Management (ECM) company, today announces the new Nuxeo Marketplace, the first app store available for the ECM market, as part of the release of the 5.4 version of Nuxeo Enterprise Platform (Nuxeo EP) and Nuxeo Document Management (Nuxeo DM).
Nuxeo continues to deliver on its strategy of innovation in the ECM space. The launch of the Nuxeo Marketplace is the next logical progression for the Nuxeo Enterprise Platform, designed and built specifically as a foundation for content applications. Nuxeo Marketplace is a solution catalog offering a range of packaged modules created by Nuxeo developers and Galaxy partners. Nuxeo Marketplace gives subscribers to Nuxeo Connect access to an ever-evolving range of applications, plug-ins and feature extensions to enhance their content management experience and enable quick deployment of new packages.
Nuxeo Admin Center is also fully integrated into the 5.4 release, delivering a one-stop dashboard for system administrators to manage their Nuxeo instances. Simplified registration of their Nuxeo-based applications, up-to-date patch management and issue tracking, and fully integrated access to customizations built with Nuxeo Studio, or available in Nuxeo Marketplace, ensures smooth management of production and development systems alike.
“The Nuxeo Marketplace and Nuxeo Admin Center offer an experience that is unique in the ECM space right now. No other ECM platform is flexible enough to allow system administrators and application builders fully-integrated access to a streamlined catalogue of packages, plug-ins, and updates. We are continuing to fulfill the Nuxeo strategy of improving the way content management application developers and administrators adapt to the business and technical needs of their customers and stakeholders,” said CEO Eric Barroca.
Applications and add-ons available in the Nuxeo Marketplace include new automatic document categorization and content analytics integrated with the state-of-the-art FISE semantic engine, an enhanced query builder called “Smart Search” that allows users to sort and visualize columns and search results, workflow validation modules, enhanced audit features, bulk document importers for rapid content intake and easy content bookmarking tools. The availability of new tools, apps and modules via the Marketplace gives administrators the ability to control their own ECM roadmap, to implement these new add-ons at their own pace, and to better support the requirements of their information workers.
Highlights of Nuxeo EP and DM 5.4 include:
- Nuxeo Marketplace: A complete solution catalogue offering a range of free and paid plug-ins, templates and applications created by Nuxeo developers, Nuxeo Galaxy partners and customers.
- Nuxeo Admin Center: A personalized download and real-time patch notification dashboard for Nuxeo Connect subscribers.
- Content Views: A new service to manage and configure content listings, including documents, search results, and log entries.
- Faceted Navigation: An advanced navigation mechanism that enables repository browsing with dynamic filtering on multiple facets (metadata).
- Document Routing Service: Enables user-designed flows of documents and selection of stages (human or automated) among a shared library of steps.
- CMIS Support: Nuxeo EP includes the newly released Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS.
- New Nuxeo Studio Features: Content Views configuration, to enable fast and easy design of content listings.
- JBoss 5.1 and JBoss EAP support.
To download and learn more about Nuxeo DM 5.4, visit www.nuxeo.com/dm54.