This site uses affiliate links as a means of monetization.
ExpressionEngine 2.2 is now available for download. This is a major release and brings improvements on a number of fronts: a new file module (and related enhancements), speed/code optimization, a developer friendly authorization library, 180+ bug fixes, CP user experience tweaks, and improved documentation.
Some more on the changes:
- The Comment Control Panel received a significant performance overhaul and will load faster and handle significantly more comments.
- It eliminates redundant cookies and now features salted passwords for better security.
- Over 60 bugs have been squashed.
- Developers can start using the Authentication library, which simplifies user authentication and aligns ExpressionEngine development closer to PHP 5 coding practices.
- Documentation has been improved and simplified in areas that could be common sources of confusion.