This site uses affiliate links as a means of monetization.
One of the most popular content management systems of all time has a new major release available. The final version of Drupal CMS version 7.0 has been made available.
For those who are unaware, Drupal is a massively popular content management framework / system that was created by Dries Buytaert and has taken the open source CMS market by storm over the last few years. It's primary strength is it's incredibly strong user base and heavy customization capabilities.
So what's new in Drupal 7?
A new look for starters. As you can see in the picture above, Drupal 7's default look has been changed to something far more appealing (although we will miss Garland as the default, this is a welcome and much needed change).
Among the changes:
- Vastly improved administrative user interface thanks to the D7UX movement
- Flexible content and custom fields
- Better visual presentation and theming with Render API
- Accessibility is greatly improved
- Image support is now included
- Automated code testing
- Improved database support
- Better distribution support
- Support for the Semantic Web through RDFa markup
- Over 850 Drupal 7 contributed modules have met their #d7cx pledges.
Take a tour of Drupal 7 to see some of the exciting new changes:
Last but not least, grab your copy and get creating: http://drupal.org