DotNetNuke Corp., the company behind one of the most widely adopted Web Content Management Platforms for the Microsoft .NET Framework, today announced the release of the DotNetNuke Professional Edition 5.4. The release includes new document management capabilities that target the needs of organizations sharing documents within intranets or extranets at a fraction of the cost of existing Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions. DotNetNuke Corp. has partnered with Xepient (Murcia, Spain) to add the document management technology in Xepient Open-DocumentLibrary to the DotNetNuke Professional and Elite Editions.
The 5.4 release of the DotNetNuke platform is fully compatible with Microsoft ASP.NET 4, which launched in April 2010. The DotNetNuke open source core in the 5.4 release is the heart of the DotNetNuke Community, Professional and Elite Editions.
- Available today, the DotNetNuke Professional and Elite Editions 5.4 exclusively feature a new document management capability that is perfect for organizations sharing document libraries across an intranet or extranet. The document management features include:
- The ability to create hierarchical document folders based on multiple document characteristics with tight controls over user access and editing rights.
- Document versioning and a powerful document moderation workflow engine.
- Automated document library synchronization with existing document libraries.
- Document usage reporting.
- The 5.4 release of the DotNetNuke Professional and Elite Editions are fully compatible with ASP.NET 4.
- The open source core of the DotNetNuke Professional, Elite and Community Editions version 5.4 includes a new folksonomy feature that allows end users to enter free form tags for pages and modules. Attributes are stored in a common content store, which provides new ways to aggregate and publish content.
Navin Nagiah, CEO of DotNetNuke Corp.
“Organizations that need to share documents on their intranet or extranet will find the new document management capability in the DotNetNuke Professional and Elite Editions 5.4 is a very cost-effective alternative to existing ECM solutions. Our solution is much more cost-effective for mid-size organizations or departments of large organizations and can be deployed much more quickly.”
Scott Guthrie, Corporate Vice President, .NET Developer Platform, Microsoft Corp.
“Microsoft is pleased that the DotNetNuke Community, Professional and Elite 5.4 Editions are fully compatible with ASP.NET 4 and are being released in unison with ASP.NET 4. The collaboration between the Microsoft Web Platform team and DotNetNuke has truly helped provide DotNetNuke users with a better Web content management experience.”
Andreas Di Palma, Founder of Xepient Solutions:
“We are very pleased to partner with DotNetNuke Corp. to bring our document management technology to the DotNetNuke Professional and Elite Editions. Customer interest has always been strong in our DotNetNuke document management solution. I believe DotNetNuke Corp. can leverage its marketing capabilities to expand adoption of our solution by organizations running critical business applications on the DotNetNuke platform. We look forward to working closely with DotNetNuke Corp. as we collaboratively expand the capabilities of our document management technology.”
About DotNetNuke Corp.
DotNetNuke Corp. is the steward of the DotNetNuke open source project, the most widely adopted Web Content Management Platform for building web sites and web applications on the Microsoft .NET Framework. Organizations use DotNetNuke to quickly develop and deploy interactive and dynamic web sites, intranets, extranets and web applications. The DotNetNuke platform is available in a free Community and subscription-based Professional, Elite and Elite Premier Editions. DotNetNuke Corp. also operates Snowcovered.com where users purchase third party software add-ons. Founded in 2006 and funded by Sierra Ventures, August Capital and UV Partners, DotNetNuke Corp. is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif. For additional information, visit www.dotnetnuke.com.