BardCanvas, an open source CMS based out of Mexico is seeking funds on Kickstarter to further advance development.
The system isn’t one I’d heard of before but it reminds me of the older portal style CMS projects like Geeklog, etc. Currently, there is only one developer for the project and it’s common to see projects try out Kickstarter to help raise funds. If you think this is something you’d be interested in supporting, check it out.
According to the Kickstarter, the development team is seeking funds for the following:
- Finishing the modules that are still in development.
- Revisit other modules to make improvements.
- Make end user documentation of the engine and all modules, free and premium.
- Make developer documentation for the open source elements.
- Make extra modules for the BardCanvas website so we can sell modules and bundle packs.
- Adapt the BardCanvas website as a marketplace where any developer who wants to develop for BardCanvas can sell their modules/templates.
- Build more modules and templates.
Their funding requirement was projected to be around $1,500 US Dollars. That’ll help them to pay for:
- Two hard disks that need to be replaced.
- Extra RAM for a PC and a laptop.
- Subscription fees for Apple and Google dev memberships.
- Secure hosting bills for a year.
If you think it might be something you’d consider helping out with, either financially or in a development capacity, check out their Kickstarter or give the system a whirl over at http://bardcanvas.com/ where they have an online demo.
You can check out their Kickstarter here.