If you are a hardcore Joomla fan and can’t wait to get a chance to check out the new features in Joomla 3.0, then today is a great day for you! Joomla 3.0 beta 1 has been released and is ready to be played with.
There are plenty of new features to mess around with, here’s a quick list of some of them:
- Incorporation of Twitter Bootstrap into a jui media package.
- A new responsive administrator template–Isis– and interface.
- A new front end template–Protostar– built using Twitter Bootstrap Updated accessible template called Beez3
- PostgreSQL Driver. You will be able to run Joomla 3.0 sites using the PostgreSQL database.
- PHP Memcached Driver
- Use of JFeed for feed management rather than SimplePie
- Installation of language packages directly from the extension manager
- Guest user group present by default
- Saving blank articles allowed
- New administrator statistics module
- Update TinyMCE to version 3.5.6
- Continued clean up of older unused code, files and database fields and tables and improved standardization of tables.
- Improvements to Smart Search
- Extensive work on code style standardisation and consistency
- Unit testing in the CMS
- Updated system tests in the CMS
Ready to start geeking out? Grab your copy from Joomla.org