This site uses affiliate links as a means of monetization.
A new release of antiX is out with a focus on a new Meltdown/Spectre patched kernel. antiX, for those of you who are unaware, is a slick Linux distribution primarily focused on providing a usable and fast environment for older computers (or those who just want something crazy fast).
Some of the other changes in this release include:
- Kernel 4.9.87 patched for Meltdown/Spectre
- Updated packages in line with Debian 9.4
- Firefox Extended Support Release has been upgraded to 52.7.1 and more.
In addition to the updates, three new applications have been introduced. They are:
- repo-manager – ported from MX Linux – gui to easily set up default repositories.
- antix-viewer – ported from mx-viewer – very simple viewer to display an URL
- live-usb-maker-gui-antix – ported from MX Linux as a front end to the antiX live-usb-maker application.
Check out the video below for a good inside look at antiX 17.
What's New with antiX 17:
Want to learn more or download it? Head on over to https://antixlinux.com/