This week, Acquia – a leading open source digital experience platform – rolled out an enhanced version of its digital asset management (DAM) platform, offering customers new integrations and API connectivity to further boost their digital experiences.
“Content is at the core of any exceptional digital experience,” said Jake Athey, VP of Sales and Marketing for Acquia DAM and PIM. “Acquia DAM enables organizations of all sizes to maximize the value of their content by connecting to other software solutions, including a DXP, via built-in integrations or API. Our newest integrations with widely used tools as Shopify, Asana, and Monday.com make content more secure, extensible, accessible, and trackable across a brand’s digital properties.”
Acquia DAM works within the Acquia DXP (powered by the Drupal Cloud and Marketing Cloud ecosystem) to push out content across many different channels. With many of today's marketers utilizing images, audio files, and video files for the majority of their content creation, housing those large file assets in the DAM makes searching and accessing them much easier, especially for marketing teams that might be located in different offices.
What to expect from Acquia DAM
With the new enhancements, Acquia DAM is now able to integrate with the following:
- Airtable: Enables customers to use DAM assets to build collaborative applications in Airtable.
- Asana: Adds finished assets to the DAM once projects are completed.
- Google Sheets: Allows customers to connect their DAM with Google Sheets to capture and use metadata about content, such as when an asset was published and by whom.
- HubSpot: New or updated assets in Acquia DAM can be copied into HubSpot. Customers may also choose to set security in HubSpot for all assets or groups of assets managed by the DAM.
- Monday.com: Adds finished assets to Acquia DAM once projects are completed.
- Optimizely: Connects the DAM to Optimizely content management systems (CMS).
- Shopify: Syncs content assets and metadata from Acquia DAM, as well as all product details from Acquia’s product information management (PIM) system to Shopify to support e-commerce deployments.
- Slack: Permits users to access Acquia DAM files from their Slack messaging platform.
- Smartsheet: Connects Smartsheet and Acquia to automatically sync new or updated assets and metadata from Smartsheet to the DAM.
- Templafy: Allows access to brand-approved assets from Acquia DAM within the Templafy document generation platform.
Built on the legacy Widen DAM
In September 2021, Acquia announced it would acquire Widen, a DAM vendor. Widen had strong brand recognition among enterprise-level organizations and a well-established following, making it a great addition to Acquia's expanding digital experience platform.
After rebranding to Acquia DAM, Acquia has continued to make improvements and provide additional API connectivity for its DAM system.
Other enhancements to Acquia DXP
In late December 2022, Acquia also released enhancements to its customer data platform, including a unified data layer, an integration with Acquia DAM, and direct SQL access. In that news release, Jim Idelson – vice president of product for Acquia CDP – promised additional integrations, which are now coming to fruition.
“A key tenet of any composable digital experience strategy is ability to work with data across systems,” said Idelson. “We look for every opportunity to expand integrations between Acquia CDP and other martech systems, and to make it easy for organizations to make full use of their data while respecting the privacy and preferences of their own customers. In 2023, you’ll see additional enhancements from Acquia designed to support customer self-service and broader integrations.”
Acquia’s updates in the last several years have brought its DXP into the Leader category of the Gartner Magic Quadrant, along with the likes of Adobe, Optimizely, and Sitecore.
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that leverage their content and data assets to engage customers personally and at scale, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out. Learn more at https://acquia.com.