With the People's Choice portion of our CMS Awards out of the way, it's now time to start announcing the judge's picks for the winners of the 2014 Critics' Choice CMS Awards.
To get things started, we're going to begin by announcing the winner in the Most Promising CMS category.
Before I do so, however, I thought I'd explain why we have this category in the first place. The most promising CMS is, in my mind, one that is succeeding in a way that is different from other products on the market. This could be capitalizing on a previously untapped niche in the market or perhaps just producing a unique CMS in general that people haven't seen before.
This year, our winner, as selected by the judges is...
What makes Ghost the Most Innovative CMS for 2014? Here are just a few examples:
- Ghost has managed to launch from out of nowhere with a successful kickstarter campaign and marketing message.
- Ghost offers both standard and hosted solutions that are truly unique in the market.
- The interface Ghost offers is something new and fresh.
- Ghost has been talked about everywhere by almost everyone and is showing strong growth.
- Ghost has excited theme developers with it's potential and as such, has a strong theming community (something most CMS other than the big 3 have had a hard time doing).
In a nutshell, we feel that if Ghost was a high school student and this was a yearbook, they'd be voted most likely to succeed.
Congratulations to the development team at Ghost for truly pulling off something amazing. Well done.