After a lengthy 14 months of development time, the final version of ImpressCMS 1.2 has been released.
ImpressCMS started as a fork of XOOPS CMS and has had a pretty successful history so far. Having won an award in 2009 for Most Promising Open Source CMS, this system has done very well since its inception.
Some of the features in this release include:
- Imagemanager, with online editing
- Fully customizable Profile module, with social networking features
- Content module
- AJAX Redirect - no more redirect page!
- HTMLPurifier configuration
- Captcha configuration
- Themes for the admin area
- Separate home pages for each group
- Textsanitizer plugins
- Installer - new look, using AJAX and you can install modules while installing your site
- Search results page
- Adsense management
- Centralized Ratings and Mimetype management
A full change log can be found here: ImpressCMS 1.2 Changelog
Alternatively, you can read the announcement here: ImpressCMS 1.2 release announcement
Mike Johnston Author
I am the guy behind CMS Critic. When not traveling, I am based out of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada where I live with my beautiful wife and kids. I provide business consulting, brand management services, web development & design, and consulting (CMS, CXM). I can also be found speaking at conferences and am successfully enjoying life as a Canadian entrepreneur.