Your company needs a developer – or maybe a team of developers – to build your online presence. Whether it’s a website, an app, or both, the developers will be at the forefront. As new channels like smart watches and in-store screens emerge, your development team needs to be as unrestricted as possible. That’s where Contentful comes in. Read More →
Featured CMS Products:
- MotoCMS 3.0 10 LIKESMotoCMS 3.0 is a WYSIWYG website builder that's super fast, sleek and easy to use. The new 3.0 version of MotoCMS makes it possible to create responsive websites that look great on all devices, be it a desktop or mobile.
- Wix 14 LIKESWix.com is a leading cloud-based web development platform with over 52 million registered users worldwide. Wix offers all its design capabilities: templates, mobile, etc…for free.
- LightCMS 26 LIKESLightCMS is a website system wich allows you to have a website ready in just a few clicks. It uses standardized code, a vast array of tools which fit right into their suite such as eCommerce, Blogs, Statistics, etc., and all the capabilities are enabled on the free plan.
- Ingeniux 8 .NET 5 LIKESIngeniux CMS is the only web experience management platform built for the cloud. Featuring SaaS and OnPremise delivery options, an enterprise NoSQL database, and modern MVC, Razor template engine – Ingeniux is the future of Web CMS.
- Weebly 15 LIKESWeebly makes it surprisingly easy to build a high-quality website, blog or online store. With powerful eCommerce features and popular mobile apps for iPhone and Android, Weebly has helped over 20 million entrepreneurs and small business owners bring their best ideas to life.
- Evoq Engage 8 .NET 28 LIKESEvoq Engage, formerly known as Evoq Social, is a customer engagement platform that includes CMS capabilities. Evoq Engage includes DNN's CMS, Evoq Content and adds numerous features to keep visitors engaged: discussions, ideas, blogs and answers, along with advocate marketing and gaming mechanics.
- Zesty Satellites™ and Zesty EcoSystems™ Versionless SaaS Platform Other 5 LIKESZesty is a modern SaaS platform that empowers businesses to build intricate and optimized web properties quickly, easily, and collaboratively.
- Jahia Digital Factory 7.0.0 Java 54 LIKESThe leading open source java CMS. Power and autonomy to the Digital workers! Built on state-of-the-art open-source standards, Jahia Digital Factory is powerful, flexible, extensible and easy-to-use.
- dotCMS 3.2 Java 15 LIKESDotCMS is the developer friendly CMS. With dotCMS it’s easy to deliver compelling and dynamic user experiences on the web, no matter the device, the platform or the channel you’re targeting. Best of all, you can build, manage, and maintain it all in one easy-to-use system.
- DNN Evoq Content 7.1.0 .NET 21 LIKESDNN Evoq™ Content, formerly known as DotNetNuke® Professional Edition, is a business solution that helps bring your website to life with captivating content and engaging interactions. Users can add and edit content through a standard browser with no IT support.
Latest CMS News & Articles:
While many will argue that the developer should come first in any project, it’s also important to recognize the importance of the content strategist. Contentful, despite being an API-first CMS to appeal to developers, is also just as approachable for content strategists. Read More →
As we continue with our Contentful featured week, it's time to get acquainted with some of the people behind this API-first CMS, that's both SMB and enterprise ready. We have already touched on Contentful's uses and beneficial features, along with its response to emerging trends. Now though, let's take a look behind the platform's digital curtain. Read More →
Cast your mind back to 2005. A life of a website was a humble one. Your audience would come to you, pull your content, or find you via search. That was all that was expected, and that was all that was delivered. Read More →
It’s time to kick off another featured week here on CMS Critic, and this time we’re joined by Contentful. Contentful is a cloud-hosted content management system that works around a two-pillared philosophy: developer friendliness and isolated content management. Read More →
WordPress, the world's most popular CMS bar none, has rolled out its latest update. In keeping with WordPress' tradition of naming their updates after musicians, version 4.3 has been called "Billie", after Billie Holiday. Read More →
During my European tour this year, I headed to Karlsuhe, Germany to meet with the folks from 1&1 Internet and get a tour of their hosting facilities as well as have a sit down chat about their website builder, MyWebsite. Read More →
Today, a modern website needs to offer a lot more than it needed to ten years ago, or even five for that matter. Consumers are no longer looking for a plain old “online business card”. They want to be impressed, persuaded and informed. But that’s not all. The modern web surfer demands a convenient and engaging experience when visiting a website. So, a successful website in today’s world needs to be dynamic. Read More →
As mentioned in our premier featured article this week, 1&1 Internet is a friendly and approachable web hosting company. Although this bodes well with the growing community of first-time website builders, 1&1 Internet is also no stranger in the enterprise market, nor to small- and medium-sized businesses looking to grow. Read More →
A responsive web presence is no longer a luxury feature. It’s an absolute must have. As new devices and screens roll out year after year, Internet surfers no longer rely solely on their desktop machines. Thus, businesses need to be ready for visitors using laptops, tablets, smartphones, watches and even TVs, all at the same time. Read More →