Webnodes AS, a company developing a .NET based semantic content management system, today announced the release of version 4.5 of their CMS, with several significant improvements including ontology merging, more options for load balancing setup and content synchronizations between installations.
New load balancing set up and content synchronization
Due to the size and complexity of recent web applications projects and online banking systems, Webnodes found a need for improved functions and better options for load balancing. As a natural next step, Webnodes also introduced support for content synchronization between different installations.
“The setup of load balancing is now easier and more flexible than ever. Internally the system is separated into 8 core components. Where each of these core systems can be installed on separate servers and multiplied as needed. Externally, the systems acts as one installation, where all internal components automatically communicate and updates each other. The core components are: frontend servers (for html), edit servers, background worker servers, query cache server, content cache server, content delivery, text indexing servers and database server”, says Ole Gulbrandsen, CTO of Webnodes.
The new content synchronization engine has several purposes:
- It can synchronize identical versions of the same websites located in separate hosting environments. This enables complete redundancy, extreme scalability and reduced latency.
- The content synchronization works on websites with different content and data models (everything is based on GUIDs). It can synchronize only selected parts of content and data.
- Development and staging environments. It can be used by developers to move content from a staging environment to a live server without any downtime.
Ontology merging system
The new ontology merging system in Webnodes, makes it possible to merge together two conceptually divergent ontologies or the instance data associated with two different ontologies. With this new and unique functionality, Webnodes provides a complete framework for synchronizing content, code and data models between any Webnodes installation.
OData V3 and SSL support
Webnodes reconfirms its position as a leading provider of the OData protocol in the CMS segment. OData has become a well-used and popular protocol for several Webnodes clients, on how to share and reuse data in machine-readable formats between different applications and websites. Webnodes now supports all the new functions in OData V3.
Webnodes also supports SSL for securing OData services where clients will be providing user names and passwords and authenticating using Forms Authentication.
Improved user interface with SignalR support
The edit user interface has been completely overhauled and improved utilizing SignalR technology:
“SignalR has proven to be a great technology that have helped us improve the responsiveness and overall performance of the Webnodes edit interface. Editors will have a much nicer user experience in version 4.5”, says Vidar Langberget – Chief Developer at Webnodes
Other improvements in version 4,5
- Improved internal cache settings – average website will see a speed gain in the 20-50% range, in addition to reduced memory usage by >50%.
- “Leading wildcard” support in Lucene PNG image compression that reduces the size of a PNG image by about 40-70% without visible differences.
- Support for SQL express 11.