TYPO3 has released a new version of its latest product, Neos.
Just a few days after the release of TYPO3 CMS 7, the Swiss platform's community has come together to release of Neos 1.2.
Neos' newly implemented functions will help make the everyday work of editors and developers much easier. For example, the Open Source Content Management System (CMS) can now be operated a lot more intuitively.
Improvements for Editors & Developers
Neos 1.2 is geared toward the needs and wishes of editors and developers, no matter whether they use a PC or a tablet. The perspective of the target audience can also be understood at all times because all contents can be viewed and worked on in a channel-specific manner.
As with the previous versions, Neos relies on working on the contents directly inside the display, therefore the editor is immediately able to see all of the changes that have been made in the corrected layout. The many minor and major improvements that have been made to the working environment for the content manager, which together define a new standard for quality in this main area of digital marketing are new in version 1.2.
Here's what editors can expect to benefit from:
- Easier linking of contents and pages
- New shortcut types, including links to social media channels
- The right documents are displayed in the right places
- Automatic review and display of access rights
- Re-log in dialogue shows the contents that were worked on most recently after the password is entered again
- Content that can be used multiple times
- Longer texts can be worked on more easily
- Pages can be selected manually and user-defined menus can be created
- Improvements to the publishing button
- Optimized inspector
Also, developers can look forward to the following:
- Improved HTML Editor supports various formats such as CSS or Java Script
- NodeURI TS: Easy links from TypoScript to Nodes
- HTTP Header: Changes in the HTTP Header from TypoScript
- Image TS: Rendering of images and image URI development from TypoScript
- @if: Conditions on TypoScript buttons/objects
- Configuration module: Review of various types of configurations and display of validation errors
- Improved import and export of websites
Although Neos 1.2 is a sizable update within itself, it also paves the way for the upcoming version 1.3 — which is already available as a preview.
Version 1.3 (planned for the spring of 2015) will being a slew of innovations, particularly in the areas administration of rolls and rights, cloud capability, integration of Google Analytics, SEO optimization, multiple languages and a localized back end.
You can also explore more of TYPO3 Neos via our CMS Directory.