This site uses affiliate links as a means of monetization.
There's a new beta release of Textpattern out today. For those who are unaware, Textpattern is a great little CMS that has been around for many years. It's a great alternative to WordPress and other more common CMS / blog platforms out there.
You can give it a try on their website with their free demo and I recommend checking it out if you haven't already done so.
Some of the headline changes in 4.7.0 are:
- Support for website themes, stored within the database and available as flat file templates for easier versioning, portability and installation.
- Support for Nginx web servers and for automated installation from the command line.
- Smoother and simpler integration for running multiple sites from one code base.
- Interface revamps including:
- AJAX behaviour in more places for a snappier admin side.
- User-selectable column list options in tables to replace the outdated ‘Show more detail’ checkboxes.
- Ctrl+S/Cmd+S keyboard shortcuts for Submit buttons on any admin panel. Sticky Save on Write panel.
- Multiple files upload with progress meter.
- Automatic TOC generation for well-structured plugin help text.
- Usability and accessibility improvements throughout.
- More languages added, with greater support for RTL languages.
- Complete overhaul of language management. No more reliance on the RPC server: languages and help contents are installed from file only. And the UI language can be set per user, independently of the public site language.
- Massive tag and parser improvements:
- Valueless attributes.
- Optional short tags.
- Global attributes: ‘breakby’, ‘breakclass’, ‘class’, ‘escape’, ‘html_id’, ‘not’ and ‘wraptag’.
- New tags
<txp:header />, and
- Ability to use
<txp:yield>to process forms via user-definable attributes.
<txp:article_custom />can count pages as well as extract content via a richer set of date- and time-based criteria.
- More than ten other tags tweaked and improved.
- There are many other changes in 4.7.0 too, please see HISTORY.txt for an exhaustive list!
Learn more here: https://textpattern.com/