Progress, the company now behind Telerik Sitefinity CMS & Digital Experience Cloud (DEC), has announced a new release with improved translation, multi-site synchronization and predictive analytics.
Aiming to provide developers with richer tools, extended content tracking and personalization to mobile apps, Progress also announced a new strategic alliance with Lionbridge, specialists in translation and localization.
Cross-site Content Syncing
When an organization is made up of various departments and teams, it is often difficult to schedule and sync projects, operations and tasks efficiently.
This latest release enables Sitefinity administrators to schedule content syncing to different sites at set times, with notifications and automatic retries if syncs fail. This feature has been designed to reduce effort and improve site and workflow quality.
Enhanced Translation Management
As global content proliferating continues to grow exponentially, the ability to speak with customers in their preferred language is a must for any enterprise.
Telerik Sitefinity CMS is now equipped with powerful translation management features to simplify and automate the content translation process when working with third-party translation agencies.
The platform now automatically integrates with Lionbridge Freeway and translations.com, while other translation services can also be added if desired.
In addition, with Telerik Sitefinity CMS, content authors can easily determine which content items to send for translation, and to which languages. They can then review the status of all sent translations; preview all returned translations before publishing; and handle any errors or conflicts prior to publication.
Improved Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics, Mobile Personalization & Campaign Support
Also with this new release, Telerik Sitefinity CMS users will benefit from the following improvements:
- Conversion recommendation ranking based on the estimated likelihood of assumed outcomes
- Tracking and personalization of mobile apps, based on website behavior and CRM data for efficient real-time marketing
- Greater granularity in defining segments, leveraging demographic data such as job title, location and more
- More tracking control—enables site administrators to easily track visitors across sub-domains, configure tracking for multiple Telerik Sitefinity CMS websites, mobile apps and/or exclude traffic from specific IP addresses
- Easier integration with Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce.com and Oracle Eloqua with improved data merging
- Enhancements to online marketing campaigns to support large email campaigns, integration capabilities with cloud hosted mail services such as SendGrid and usability improvement.
Svetozar Georgiev, Progess' Senior Vice President of App Dev, made the following comments upon the arrival of this new release:
“More than ever before, the global enterprise needs to support all manners of customer engagement–from first time site visitors to repeat buyers.
The latest release of Telerik Sitefinity CMS and DEC further strengthens support for the global enterprise. It enhances the customer experience, ensuring that organizations can create a personalized, seamless experience across languages, sites, mobile apps and geographies.”
More details on this relase can be with the official press release.
And of course, you can delve further into Sitefinity via our CMS directory.