Telerik debuted the latest milestone release for its powerful Sitefinity content management system (CMS). The release includes a host of product enhancements anchored by a new ecommerce module offering effortless online store management and real-time order processing. Respected analyst firms like Forrester Research are projecting that in the US alone, ecommerce sales will climb to a robust USD $278.9 billion by 2015; with the integration of new ecommerce support, Sitefinity customers will be well positioned to capitalize on opportunities presented by this growing channel.
“With ubiquitous Internet access driven by an ever-increasing number of connection points – laptops, tablets, and smartphones – online shopping has become a much more familiar and enjoyable experience for today’s consumers and an essential sales channel for every business,” said Martin Kirov, Executive VP Sitefinity, Telerik. “Sitefinity’s ecommerce module gives customers the advantage they need to compete effectively in the online marketplace.”
The new module offers granular control over critical ecommerce tasks, such as product, manufacturer, and departmental management, while remaining intuitive and easy to use. With support for custom product types and variations, formulas-based calculation, and hierarchical categorization, Sitefinity’s new ecommerce functionality offers the flexibility and features needed to successfully manage online businesses. The ecommerce module also facilitates real-time shipping and tax calculation, as well as payment processing, enabling fast, efficient, and reliable store administration. Other key features and functionalities in the new Sitefinity ecommerce module include:
- Customizable regional currency and exchange rate settings
- Support for common payment services such as Authorize.NET and PayPal
- Multiple sorting, tagging, and presentation styles for front-end product listings
- Flexible reporting and metrics tools
In addition to the new ecommerce module, the Sitefinity 4.2 release also incorporates a wide variety of other product upgrades and enhancements:
- Improved performance of Sitefinity administration
- A/B testing for pages and content items
- File storage provider for libraries, allowing better connectivity and faster data transfer of files
- Better alternative publishing filtering and localization capabilities
- Added module definitions and dynamic types fluent APIs
An on-demand webinar outlining features and functionality of Sitefinity ecommerce is available at: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/webinars/introduction-to-sitefinity-ecommerce.aspx.