The Symphony CMS development team have announced a huge new update with version 2.2 (which is now available on their site). Some of the new features in this release include:
- All core code has been fully documented!
- Symphony now has a core email API (details below and here).
- There are dozens of new delegates for extension developers, including: delegates to add custom columns to the Publish index; delegates for the creation, editing and deleting of data sources, events, pages, sections, and utilities; delegates for Login and Password Reset; delegates for the enabling/disabling/uninstallation of Extensions; new delegates for appending content; and more! (Official list forthcoming)
- not-regexp support is now included in all core fields
- The section index now supports batch-changing of navigation groups
- Any field that uses the Section Associations feature now has option to hide/show the linked section column
- Field collapsing is now enabled in the section editor
- New Symphony jQuery plugins: Pickable and Orderable
- Accesskeys are now supported (details forthcoming)
- New entry forms will now autofocus the first field
- jQuery 1.4.4
Not to mention, a huge list of bug fixes and minor changes (you can read the entire release notes here)
Check it out or grab a copy here: http://symphony-cms.com/