A new version of Symphony CMS has been made available. This new release of the open source XSLT content management system offers a myriad of bugfixes and improvements.
Symphony, for those unaware, is an XSLT based CMS that offers plenty of power with a minimalist interface (which I personally love). You can read our Symphony CMS review if you are unfamiliar with the system.
A quick breakdown of the new features (this may be over the head of some people if you are unfamiliar with the system):
- #683 –
Field->prepareTableDatamethods are now passed
- #657, #696 – Query optimisation (ORDER BY and JOIN order). An improved ORDER BY algorithm has been added to the Checkbox, Date, Input and Upload fields that may improve performance on large datasets
- #652 – The version of Symphony that created/updated Event or Datasource’s is now stored in the Event/Datasource’s version information. Extensions that provide custom Events or Datasources are encouraged to add their own strings, ie.
Extension Name 0.1
- #649 – Added a new configuration setting,
session_gc_divisor. This defaults to 10
- #640 – Four new delegates added,
- #525 – Export Ensemble has been updated to 1.16 with a number of fixes and improvements for users who do not have
- #472 – Sections Index is now selectable as a default area for Developer Authors.
- Select Box Link has been updated to 1.20 with performance improvements, code cleanup and some preventative security measures
- Image JIT extension has been updated to 1.11 with a number of fixes
- XSS Filter updated to 1.1
XMLElementgets some love with seven new functions
Symphony.supportis available, which extends jQuery’s support functionality with
- Performance improvements for delegate subscription, saving of Textarea fields, Navigation Datasources and general Frontend page rendering.
- Allow filters and prepopulate to be passed as arrays allowing multiple backend filters
EventPreSaveFilternow gets passed the
$entry_idwhen an Event is editing entries. This will be
nullon new entries
EmailGatewayallowing variables to be accessed once they are set
A full list of changes can be read in the change log.