Prague, 8 July 2010 – Campsite, the free, open source, multilingual content management system for news websites has been released in version 3.4 and features over fifty bug fixes and improvements. Building upon the stability and security improvements in June’s 3.3.6 release, this latest version includes dramatically improved search options (both internally and for external search engines), a clean up of the graphical interface (new-look icons and admin interface) and easier installation. Campsite is a flagship open-source software package developed by Sourcefabric, one of the largest European open source projects for news and media.
“With this release, Campsite can be installed on almost any hosting service,” said Micz Flor, one of Sourcefabric’s founding partners. “It now supports installations in sub folders and the internal cron scheduler and time zone management make it independent from hosting restrictions. To round this up: backup and restore can be managed through the admin interface. These improvements make our enterprise publishing software available even to low-cost web hosting.”
Specific highlights from this release include:
– Supernavigation and backend search – new navigation system on backend home page, including full text search
– Search engine optimization – option to add the combination of texts from article title, keywords, topics, etc. into url.
– Time zone handling – option to set custom timezone instead of server’s.
– Backup/restore admin GUI – manage backup and restore process via administration interface.
– Installation supports subfolder. user can install campsite not only in the root folder but any subfolder (e.g. http://localhost/campsite/).
– New iconography for the admin interface, part of the UI re-design. Art work by Vladimir Stefanovic.
– Add customizable error page for not-found URLs
– Incorporate Embed Media TinyMCE plugin
– Now compatible with the newer, stricter MySQL version
For full release notes please visit http://links.sourcefabric.org/3.4
For more information and free download, please visit http://campsite.sourcefabric.org
- Campsite is a free, open source, multilingual content management system (CMS) for news websites, released in late 2000.
- Campsite runs on Linux, Windows and Mac OS servers, with access from any web browser.
- Campsite features automated publishing, editor review, multimedia support, subscription management & full template support.