After several months of research and engineering, Softeng Portal Builder™ has become Spain’s first enterprise platform for web projects and content management operating on Microsoft Windows Azure. With the new developments made possible from the union of Softeng Portal Builder™ with Azure, customers and IT departments can have to the best technologies, providing them with security and a rapid return on their investment.
What is Microsoft Windows Azure
Microsoft Windows Azure is a state-of-the-art hosted operating system which allows you to develop, manage and run remote applications and services in the cloud, as well as offering computing power, storage and connectivity . Azure’s main aim is to provide clients with a remote datacenter where they can host their Web applications in order to benefit from the following cloud-computing and. NET Framework advantages:
- No need for investment in hardware / software.
- The client does not need their own staff to manage the infraestructure.
- Customised computing, storage and connection.
- Unlimited scalability.
- Information Security.
- Interoperability. Tools with which developers are familiar.
- Pay per use.
More options than ever
With Azure, SOFTENG has expanded its range of innovative SaaS Anywhere flexible hosts, which can host web projects together with the content management platform at Softeng Portal Builder™:
- The client’s own Datacenter : For large accounts who preffer to host their applications on their own infrastructure.
- A trusted ISP : For clients with web applications with moderate availabiilty and scalability needs, who for various reasons prefer to manage and have at their disposal one or more dedicated servers servers.
- Microsoft Windows Azure: This offers all of the benefits of the cloud and is ideal for those companies which have web applications with high availability and scalability needs.
- Combined Solution: For companies which, for reasons of efficiency or security policy (e.g an intranet), require an on-premise application together with a public web in the cloud or an ISP to meet their availability, connectivity and scalability needs.
- Microsoft and SOFTENG are working toguether to publicise the advantages of the combination of Softeng Portal Builder™ + Azure, as the solution offers businesses the opportunity to choose where to host their Web applications, whether it be on cloud-based services, on servers located in their own on-premise data centre, or through combining these options to meet their own specific needs.
Founded in 1997, Softeng is a Spanish software engineering company and creator of the first Web projects platform. Softeng Portal Builder™ helps individuals and businesses to build, manage and connect enterprise web business solutions. If you would like more information about Softeng, please visit the website at http://www.softeng.es