The seventh alpha release of what will become Drupal 7 has been announced.From the announcement:
We have identified several "beta blocking" issues, and itemized these at the Drupal core community initiatives page. It's expected we will have a few beta versions and at least one release candidate before Drupal 7.0 is finalized. We can potentially reach beta within the next month by focusing on this short-list of issues!
This release includes:
- HUGE number of upgrade path fixes, including automated tests for updates. We are *very* close to a totally working upgrade path! Please test!
- Great usability improvements, including the installer not greeing you with a red error of death anymore on shared hosts!
- Field UI improvements to allow it to be further extended from contrib.
- Numerous Form API fixes and improvements.
- Numerous accessibility fixes.
- A variety of PostgreSQL and SQLite fixes, almost at 100% automated tests passing on both!
- Lots of polish on coding standards compliance and API documentation.
- Markup improvements, and a new default jQuery UI theme.
- Numerous security fixes, including 'forward-ports' of Drupal core SAs, and fixes to private files.
- Performance improvements.
- There have been several API changes since alpha6 to fix critical issues.
Learn more: http://drupal.org/drupal-7.0-alpha7