This site uses affiliate links as a means of monetization.
Serendipity (or sometimes called s9y) has a new release available with version 1.6. For those unfamiliar with Serendipity, it is a very powerful blog platform / content management system that offers tons of functionality. If you haven't had a chance to try it out, I'd strongly recommend you take a look at it as it's quite impressive.
Version 1.6 brings with it a host of new features and changes such as:
- Bundle jQuery by default to enable plugin and template authors to easier provide extended functionality to the frontend
- Support for templates, so that they can also use config-groups like plugins already have (added to bulletproof template)
- Templates can now enable core-provided options like a global navigation setup
- Fixed a bug in the automatic media database synchronization that did not properly add new files with the same basename but different file extensions
- Added a .htaccess parameter to prevent IE9 CSS-trouble
- API changes: Added “shortcuts” to commonly used constructs (language loading, hack protection)
- Several minor feature additions in plugins (Karma, Akismet, Mailer) and the core (comment subscriptions, multiple comment moderation)
- Fulltextsearch improvements with “*” expansion
- Added a “hidden” option for specific author groups, so that their members are not revealed on usual author listings by plugins etc.
- Fixes a backend XSS issue in the karma plugin and media database filtering, thanks to Stefan Schurtz!
The current release can be easily installed on any previous Serendipity installation. Just unpack, upload and visit your admin panel to perform possible database upgrades. Upon first login with an old password, Serendipity will store your old password in the new format – please be sure to make a backup of your Database prior to upgrading.
You can download or learn more about Serendipity from their website, http://www.s9y.org/