This site uses affiliate links as a means of monetization.
Numerous upgrades and refinements make ProcessWire 2.4 our most friendly and powerful version yet!
ProcessWire 2.4 is focused on listening to the feedback from of our users and answering with the best CMS experience for web designers/developers and their clients.
What’s new in ProcessWire 2.4
Thanks to the sponsorship support of Avoine, we now have support for field dependencies in both the admin and from the API. Your admin form fields can now be shown or hidden based on values in other fields. Likewise, fields can be made required or not required based on values in other fields. More
New Admin Theme
- New and fully responsive default admin theme with 4 color scheme options (configurable from the Default Admin Theme module settings).
- Support for admin themes as installable modules. More
- Support for multiple admin theme modules to be installed at once. When more than one is installed, admin theme becomes a user profile setting.
- New drop down menus providing direct access to fields and templates (for superusers).
- Add New drop-down option for shortcuts to adding predefined page types.
- New auto-complete search box with support for searching pages, fields and templates. More
- New ability to install and upgrade modules directly from the Admin Modules page. Think of it as a Modules Manager Lite.
- The modules screen now separates modules by Site and Core. (Site modules represent user installed modules).
- New grid mode available with Image fields. Now you can view all your images in a grid rather than just a verbose list, and you can easily toggle between the two views. More
- New double-click to select all mode for marking all files or images in a field for deletion at once. More
- Core support for font-awesome icons with templates, fields and API level support with Inputfields.
- New Link to Child option in the rich text editor link dialog box, along with other enhancements.
Major upgrades to ProcessWire language support for page names/URLs. ProcessWire 2.4 now gives you the simplest, most powerful and stable options for creating multi-language websites.
ProcessWire now uses PDO rather than the mysql database driver by default. The mysqli driver will continue to be supported for backwards compatibility. The PDO driver provides better support for named parameters and offers more options for future database portability.
New API Additions
- New $log API variable for super-easy writing to log files. More
- New $database API variable for direct access to the new PDO driver. The mysqli driver continues to be accessible with the $db API variable.
- New WireArray functions: implode(), explode(), and(), data(). More
- New $pages->add() method for creating new pages more quickly and easily. More
- Conditional autoload modules. Now module authors can specify an anonymous function or selector string to trigger if the module is autoload. More
- New wireUnzipFile() function for unzipping a file to a destination directory, and wireCopy() function for copying all files from one directory to another (including recursively). More
- Support for sharpening and auto-rotation of images. You may define defaults in your /site/config.php file, and/or specify arguments to any image resize function. More
Other updates and additions
- Built-in abstraction of URLs in textarea fields. More
- New locked mode for Inputfields where a value can be shown but not edited.
- Upgraded installer that now includes selection of color theme, timezone and more.
- Support for an HTTP hosts whitelist for added security.
- Countless optimizations, fixes and improvements.
- See the full list of changes
ProcessWire is a friendly and powerful open source CMS and CMF with an exceptionally strong foundation.
With all custom fields, an easy-to-use jQuery-inspired API, and a powerful page selector engine, ProcessWire will rise to any task.
Clients love ProcessWire for its no-fuss simplicity and ease of use when editing their site. Designers and developers love ProcessWire for its thoughtful, easy and powerful API-driven approach that keeps them in control of the markup and makes development fun again. Not to mention, ProcessWire's API can also be booted from other applications or command-line scripts, bringing entire new levels of accessibility to your content.
ProcessWire is a modern SEO specialist's dream come true. It uses logical, readable and search-friendly URLs that always reflect the content's home in the tree. Meaning you'll never have to worry about multiple URLs or play duplicate content games. With full markup control, all custom fields, and support for runtime URL segments, ProcessWire lets you take full advantage of all the on-site SEO possibilities without wasting your time on long irrelevant tags and tricks.
ProcessWire is an incredible multi-language solution. With support for multi-language fields, multi-language URLs and a built-in static translation engine, ProcessWire 2.4 makes building and managing a multi-language website incredibly easy!
ProcessWire is designed for the needs of today and not limited by the past. It is equally at home powering small-to-large scale standards-friendly websites, mobile websites, JSON/XML web services, Flash applications, AJAX-driven content, iPhone/Android applications, and more. This output agnosticism drives ProcessWire's simplicity and makes it support, rather than interfere with your work.
ProcessWire is a mature product that comes from a strong bloodline of content management systems developed over more than a decade. ProcessWire runs beautifully on web servers running PHP 5.3.8+ and MySQL 5.
- Learn more about ProcessWire CMF/CMS and download »
- Try out a demo of ProcessWire »
- ProcessWire 2.4 upgrade instructions »