PrestaShop 1.6 is now officially available for download after months of development and intense anticipation.
I had the pleasure of carrying out a hands-on preview of PrestaShop 1.6 last week, where I explained some of its key new features and gave you another peak at the sleek user interface.
The PrestaShop team have worked hard on bringing in some major enhancements to do with general usability and statistical store monitoring in particular.
Additions have also been made to the PrestaShop Front Office, where an array of design improvements and functions have been introduced to make the end user experience better than ever.
Another Look at What's New
Although I covered PrestaShop 1.6 extensively in my hands-on preview, here's a quick re-cap of the changes made to PrestaShop's new Front Office:
- Redesigned and Fully Responsive Front Office Default Template.
- The front office template is now mobile responsive, allowing your online shop to display perfectly when accessed from a mobile and tablet device.
- The powerful and popular Rich Menu module has been integrated into the default theme.
- New Quick View feature has been added to let customers add a product to their shopping cart without ever leaving the page.
- Attractive promotional banners to help you highlight sales, marketing campaigns and other promotions.
- Live Template configurator that lets you to edit the color and font of your shop directly from your front office.
- Now customers can use the grid or list option when viewing your products.
- Even more brilliant features including integrated product comparison with dedicated URL, new add to cart confirmation with cross selling, instant field format validation and more.
As for the Back Office & Admin Dashboard, PrestaShop users can now enjoy:
- A fully mobile responsive back office, letting you manage your shop from a mobile or tablet device, wherever you are.
- Completely new dashboard look that displays information that is important to you, in real time.
- Real-time net profit margin, a unique ecommerce feature that you will only find in PrestaShop 1.6.
- Intelligent Merchant KPI (key performance indicators) are located throughout select pages in the back office, giving you in depth insight on your shop.
- Smart Forecast Statistics Panel allows you to see how your sales are trending and what the outlook is for the future.
15% Discount on PrestaShop Developed Addons
To celebrate the release of PrestaShop version 1.6, users can take advantage of a 15% discount of all PrestaShop developed Addons between now and midnight on Wednesday 19th March. All you need to do is use the promo code: PRESTASHOP16.
Additionally, you can explore more of PrestaShop via our CMS Directory.