The latest release of OpenCMS has been announced. OpenCMS is a professional, easy to use website content management system. OpenCms helps content managers worldwide to create and maintain beautiful websites fast and efficiently.
The fully browser based user interface features configurable editors for structured content with well defined fields. Alternatively, content can be created using an integrated WYSIWYG editor similar to well known office applications. A sophisticated template engine enforces a site-wide corporate layout and W3C standard compliance for all content.
OpenCms is based on Java and XML technology. It can be deployed in an open source environment (e.g. Linux, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL) as well as on commercial components (e.g. Windows NT, IIS, BEA Weblogic, Oracle).
With OpenCms 7.5.3, a number of issues that persisted in the 7.5.2 release have been fixed. Some new features have been added as well.
Main new features of OpenCms 7.5
- Support for image cropping in image gallery
- New galleries with advanced AJAX features available in structured content and free page editor
- Galleries dialog now also support grouping of elements by category
- Support for tabs in the XML content editor
- Offline search indexing without publishing in the Lucene based full text search
- New demo content “Wonderful World of Flowers”
New features and improvements in OpenCms 7.5.3
- External Links (pointers) now support handling of request parameters
- New workplace content tool to update the structure of XML contents without changing the modification date
- New XML content element type “CmsXmlPlainTextStringValue” that removes HTML code for the search results
- The workplace content tool “Change Property Values” now allows to use wildcards in the old and new value
- In the workplace content tool “Change Property Values” if “Include all subfolders” is checked, also the properties of the folder itself are changed
- Added new CmsShell command to import resources with a third parameter to control if permissions should be kept
- Improved localized text for undo changes dialog
- A new created search index in the workplace is now checked for invalid characters in the index name
- Removed validations for XML content element actions: add, remove, move up, move down
- Renamed context menu entry “Comment content” in “Edit metadata”
- It is now possible to “Undo changes” after changing the availability of a resource
- Improved user driver, additional infos are now stored in the database in a more efficient way
- Improved user driver, during user login only the last login date is written to database
- Updated Apache Commons Email to version 1.2
You can download this release or learn more at: http://www.opencms.org/en/news/100818_v753_releasenotes.html