Open Blog is a lightweight blog platform built on the CodeIgniter PHP Framework. It offers a wide range of features that are designed to enhance your blogging experience and provide a fresh alternative to traditional blog platforms.
Open Blog is an excellent alternative to well known blog platforms and offers a very good set of features.
Here is a screenshot of the default look:
Here are a few of its features:
- Friendly user interface - clean and easy to use user interface
- Easy to install
- Open Blog comes with a PHP installer which makes installation and configuration very easy (you can get your blog up and running in just a few minutes)
- Multi language support - currently available in two languages (English and Slovene), but it can be easily translated into any language
- Templates support
- you can easily change the look and feel of your blog by using Open
Blog templating system (the default installation includes 5 attractive
- Open Source - Open Blog is being developed as open source software and released under the GPL v3 license so anyone can help improve it
- Search engine friendly URLs - all URLs are search engine friendly
- Pages - your blog can contain unlimited number of static pages (for example "About" page)
- Links - add links to your favourite websites which will be visible to other visitors
- Feed support - Open Blog supports RSS and Atom feeds for posts and comments
- Aministrator panel - powerful yet easy to use administration panel that makes administrating your blog very easy
- WYSIWYG editor - Open Blog includes TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor which makes formatting your posts and pages very simple
- Check for updates - you can use the "Information" page on your administrator panel to check if a new version of Open Blog is available
- Plug-ins - you can extend the functionality of your blog by developing or using one of the already developed plug-ins
There is a demo that you can try at the Open Blog demo site.