This site uses affiliate links as a means of monetization.
Nuxeo, the provider of a content management platform for business applications, today announced the availability of Nuxeo Platform 5.8, a major Long Term Support version of the open source content management platform. With advances in workflow, content synchronization, and REST APIs, this version is a major step forward for developers and product managers who build content-centric applications to manage business information.
An accumulation of three previously released 5.7.x Fast Track versions, this new version contains a host of new features and enhancements for developers, administrators, and end users that have already been fully vetted by early adopters in the Nuxeo community. Nuxeo Platform 5.8 includes a new set of resource-oriented endpoints for the REST API, adaptive capabilities for the integrated workflow engine, improved processing and navigation of digital assets, and Nuxeo Drive, a desktop synchronization client for the Nuxeo content repository.
In addition, this version benefits from the initial groundwork for nuxeo.io, the upcoming PaaS offering, with expanded REST API endpoints and increased flexibility for quickly building web applications.
“This new version of the Nuxeo Platform offers the increased flexibility and easy access that developers and product managers need for building business applications to manage structured content,” said Eric Barroca, Nuxeo CEO. “We believe that providing a complete application building environment enables those closest to a particular business problem to provide the right solution, faster.”
Highlights of Nuxeo Platform 5.8 include:
- Nuxeo Drive, for bi-directional device-to-repository content synchronization,
- Enhanced support for designing adaptive workflows, with rule-based escalation and a new task management service,
- A new, highly configurable media asset navigation user interface for Digital Asset Management applications,
- Deep application monitoring and metrics collection using the Yammer Metrics library, with easy integration with most metrics storage systems,
- Full OSGi compliance for the Content Automation client, a fluid Java wrapper for the Nuxeo REST API which runs on the JVM or on Android,
- Optimizations in the Nuxeo content persistence engine such as support for Oracle on Amazon RDS and Microsoft SQL Server 2012, and faster updates of complex properties,
- Enhanced user experience with saved search sharing, a workflow tab to group tasks and run bulk operations, and a CSV importer, among many other new features.
Nuxeo Platform 5.8 is available for download immediately. The installation wizard gives access to a free 30-day trial of Nuxeo Connect, a portal providing maintenance upgrades, easy installation of add-ons, and Nuxeo Studio, a design environment for easy configuration and customization of the platform. A special release webinar will be held November 6 at 2pm ET. More information about the release is available at http://www.nuxeo.com/en/products/nuxeo-platform-5.8.