Nuxeo, the Open Source Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform company, today announced the availability of a new version of its Case Management Framework. Nuxeo CMF is an enhanced distribution of Nuxeo Enterprise Platform (EP), adding functionality to support the flow and use of diverse but related content that needs to be handled and managed in a case or container metaphor.
The new version offers key enhancements to the content routing feature, UI and usability improvements, more distribution and email capture possibilities, as well as new features from the underlying ECM platform, Nuxeo EP.
For system integrators and content application architects who build tailored case management solutions, this new version offers a highly flexible and extensible toolkit. The content routing feature now accommodates a more complex workflow, with sequential or simultaneous steps, that can be saved for reuse within the same case or in other cases. The platform features for faceted navigation and content views offer broad configuration possibilities that facilitate the search, retrieval, and interaction with potentially complex casework.
“A framework is the optimal solution for building case management solutions,” said Nuxeo CEO Eric Barroca. “This type of solution is highly context-sensitive, and when extensive customizations of out-of-the-box applications are involved, often scale and upgrade become costly issues. Nuxeo CMF is a scalable, flexible platform providing about 80-90% of the solution, with an extension point system that makes customization clean and easy. ”
Highlights of Nuxeo CMF 1.7 include:
- Content Routing. Enables user-designed flows of content and selection of stages (human or automated) among a shared library of sequential or simultaneous steps. Content routes can now be templated and reused.
- User Interface. Improvements based on user feedback include new tabs, more streamlined views of the content, and a mailbox-oriented look and feel, with a focus on ease of use.
- Mailing List Distribution. Cases can now be sent to predefined user lists, as a request for action or a simple information push.
- Email Capture. New parsers for Gmail and Thunderbird have been added to capture incoming communication and content, with recipient names.
- Nuxeo Marketplace: Nuxeo CMF now has direct access to this solution catalog of plug-ins, templates and applications.
- Nuxeo Admin Center: An administration dashboard, for tracking user and application data, with an update center for 1-click live integration of Marketplace packages, patches, and upgrades.
- Content Views: A service to manage, configure, and sort content listings, including documents, search results, and log entries. Content listings and search results now include filtering options and export options (RSS, ATOM, CSV, Excel, PDF).
- Faceted Navigation: An advanced navigation mechanism that enables repository browsing with dynamic filtering on multiple facets (metadata). Navigation facets are fully configurable, and can be defined independently for a given content type.
- Performance Optimizations: Nuxeo EP, the technology behind Nuxeo CMF, continues to be the fastest ECM platform in the industry on commodity hardware; stress tests indicate that it scales almost linearly when clustered.
- Installation Wizard and Java-based launcher with embedded shell.
Nuxeo CMF is available with no license charge by downloading it at http://www.nuxeo.com/en/downloads/download-cmf-form. The Nuxeo CMF offering is fully assured and supported with the Nuxeo Connect comprehensive subscription service to optimize development, deployment and ongoing operations.
Nuxeo delivers an open source document management application built with a complete, modular and extensible open source platform for enterprise content management. Other packaged applications built with the platform provide solutions for digital asset management and case management. Designed by developers for developers, the Nuxeo Enterprise Platform offers modern technologies, unmatched modularity, a powerful plug-in model and extensive packaging capabilities. Using a fully open source development model, Nuxeo provides a subscription program with software maintenance, technical support and customization tools. Nuxeo ECM is trusted by 1000+ organizations across 145 countries, including Cengage Learning, Pearson Education, AFP News Agency, EllisDon and Jeppesen, a Boeing Company. Nuxeo is dual-headquartered in North America (Boston) and Western Europe (Paris). More information is available at www.nuxeo.com.