Telerik – the company behind Sitefinity – have released major mobile advancements to its award-winning DevCraft suite of UI controls.
Notably, approximately 130,000 customers from 40,000 organizations across 94 countries make use of Telerik products, including 450 of the Fortune 500. DevCraft is of course one such product.
With this update, Telerik is aiming to optimize mobile development for ASP.NET projects by providing responsive, adaptive and elastic capabilities; mitigating the challenges of developing for multiple devices and screen sizes.
The release also includes document processing and cloud capabilities for UI, as well as additional updates designed to meet the ever-evolving needs of today’s .NET developers. Let's take a closer look at what's new.
Responsive, Adaptive and Elastic
Here's an overview of what you can expect to see in the all new DevCraft Q2’14:
- Responsive, Adaptive and Elastic: With the latest Telerik DevCraft release, UI for ASP.NET AJAX controls will gain responsive capabilities in Rotator and Slider, adaptive capabilities in Lightbox and Slider and elastic capabilities in several controls to help developers build applications with a professional UX, tailored for any device.
- Document Processing: Now standard in Telerik UI Controls for ASP.NET AJAX, WPF, Silverlight and WinForms, new APIs for processing the most common document formats: DOCX, RTF, XLSX, CSV and PDF, enabling developers to embed, load, create, convert and print documents directly within the app, without Microsoft Office or other external libraries.
- New Controls: In addition to the more than 420 controls currently available within the DevCraft suite, Telerik is adding new Map, Gantt and Diagram controls for ASP.NET AJAX, making it highly customizable for individual projects.
In addition to the advancements listed above, Telerik is releasing additional improvements in Silverlight, WPF, Cloud, the Just product line, WinForms, Reporting and Data Access, all based on user feedback collected throughout the year.
In relation to the release of Telerik's Q2'14 DevCraft, Todd Anglin, EVP at Telerik, made these comments:
“Our development community is asked to do more with less, every day. Our focus at Telerik is to make development a more productive experience in which quality apps can be created and deployed across multiple screens, with minimal rework. With the latest DevTools release, our one million-strong developer community is further empowered to focus on the core of their applications, with the knowledge that Telerik has their back with industry leading UI.”
All of the details of the DevCraft Q2’14 release will be expanded upon during Telerik’s online conference series, “ Be Responsive: .NET UI for Any Device ,” June 24 beginning 11:00am EST.
The three-part series will introduce a wide range of capabilities now available in Telerik DevCraft to help build .NET apps using any technology—established or evolving. The full lineup includes:
- Tips for Building Mobile-Optimized ASP.NET Projects.
- Manage Documents within .NET Apps.
- Build Line-of-Business Apps with Maps, Gantt and Diagram Controls.
For more details, and to register for Telerik's upcoming online conference series right here.
You can also find out more about DevCraft via the Telerik website.