The latest update release of MX Linux is now available for download. The release includes the 4.15.0-1 kernels amongst a host of other updates and improvements.
MX Linux is well known for their excellent MX Apps and this release showcases a number of improvements to them including:
MX-Updater: New “Auto-update” option in preferences for unattended upgrades.
MX-Live-USB-Maker: A new frontend to make live USB creation much easier.
MX-Tweak adds a “Config Options” tab for resetting lightdm and thunar custom actions to the new distro defaults.
almost all mx-apps received translation updates (we love translators!)
MX Package Installer includes updates to the “Popular Apps” tab and features
1) popular applications from the Debian Stable repos;
2) packages brought in from Debian Testing/Sid and properly configured;
3) packages not found in Debian repos at all but pulled from developers’ websites or other distro-specific repos and also properly configured.
4) much faster performance, in-built console
Some of the packages updated in this release:
- Browser: Firefox 58.0.2 (59 hitting repo soon via update)
- Video Player: VLC 2.2.8-2 (3.0 in test repo)
- Music Manager/Player: Clementine 1.3.1
- Email client: Thunderbird 52.6
- Office suite: LibreOffice 6.0.1
- Backup: LuckyBackup 0.4.9-1
- Security: Passwords and Keys 3.20.0-3.1
- Terminal: Xfce4 Terminal 0.8.3-1
To learn more or download this release, visit MX Linux.