Mediaspectrum, Inc.® today introduced Adrenalin, the first complete solution for publishers seeking to create a customized news-reading application for Apple’s iPad and other tablet devices. Adrenalin powers the three pillars of every digital news organization—dynamic content, integrated advertising, and subscription management—and offers publishers a low-risk, low-cost opportunity to establish a powerful presence in the rapidly growing media tablet market.
Now is the time for publishers to position themselves for the future. According to a recent report from International Data Corporation (IDC), worldwide media tablet shipments will jump from 7.6 million units in 2010 to over 46 million units in 2014. This explosive growth will transform the way consumers read and obtain news—and create an entirely new revenue channel for savvy news providers.
Adrenalin enables publishers to quickly and easily enter the media tablet market.
In just a few simple steps, publishers can create a branded iPad application that includes a customized icon, splash screen, and logo. Publisher-selected fonts, colors, and content categories further enhance the application’s distinct look and feel.
Content (including stories, photos, and videos) is managed by Adrenalin CMS, an advanced content management system fed directly from the publisher using XML/RSS feeds. Once a consumer has downloaded the publisher’s app from iTunes, Adrenalin CMS dynamically updates the content based on parameters established—and easily maintained—by the publisher, such as content duration, order of appearance, and more. The Adrenalin News Reader application continuously refreshes content when users are online. For offline use, Adrenalin automatically stores the most recent version for continued access.
As an added option, Adrenalin can also recreate the exact look and feel of print publications with its Replica+ News Reader. Publishers first create the basics of a branded iPad application (icon, splash screen, and logo), then use the Adrenalin system to deliver an exact digital recreation of their print title for iPad readers. Publishers can enhance these digital replicas with additional content, including photos, video, or even video advertising. Using the Replica+ news reader, publishers can quickly and easily grow print subscriptions and upsell digital inventory in the process.
Adrenalin features a fully integrated advertising engine.
Unlike all other iPad applications, Adrenalin features an integrated ad sales system that allows advertisers, agencies, and internal sales teams to directly schedule, target, and manage ad delivery. Ads can be assigned to a single application, selected to run across the entire Adrenalin network of publishers, or targeted to reach a specific group of consumers.
Accessing the ad sales portal is easy, either directly from the publisher’s iPad application or through any standard Web browser. Advertisers achieve increased exposure with less effort. Publishers gain a new revenue stream with larger buys and less unsold inventory—all with little to no additional investment in sales.
Adrenalin offers built-in digital subscription management.
Rather than charge users a one-time fee to download their app, Adrenalin publishers can instead offer digital content subscriptions from within the app itself. Readers download the app for free. Publishers present them with customized subscription packages tailored to meet their needs. By taking advantage of this functionality, publishers develop a recurring revenue stream while capturing critical data about their subscribers.
“As the transition from traditional computing to tablet and mobile devices continues to evolve, publishers are given the rare opportunity to reinvent their businesses,” said Scott Killoh, CEO at Mediaspectrum. “To succeed, these companies must build their mobile strategies on a platform that can handle it all. Adrenalin is that platform, custom-built from fully developed Mediaspectrum technology that is already powering the world’s largest and most demanding media operations. We’ve been doing this successfully for years – Adrenalin is a natural extension that taps into the growth and revenue these new mobile devices promise for publishers and advertisers alike.”
Key components of the new Adrenalin platform:
• Adrenalin News Reader: A full-featured news reader application for the iPad uniquely branded by the publisher. The Adrenalin News Reader allows media companies to deliver consumers an elegant, customized news experience with rich interactive content, including stories, photos, and videos. Content is updated continuously throughout the day. “Breaking News” alerts keep readers abreast of the latest information. Offline users retain access to the most recently updated content.
• Adrenalin Replica+ News Reader: A uniquely branded news reader application for the iPad that delivers an exact digital recreation of a publisher’s print title. Additional photos, videos, and video ads enhance the reader experience. Publishers can claim Replica+ readers as part of their print circulation, increasing this crucial metric and the advertising rates that accompany it.
• Adrenalin CMS: A powerful content management system that provides publishers a world-class interface to create, manage, and assign content; upload and assign photos and videos for distribution; and develop a comprehensive content database. Adrenalin CMS imports content directly from publishers through a simple XML/RSS feed. Once content enters the system, Adrenalin CMS makes it instantly available to the publisher’s uniquely branded iPad application.
• Adrenalin Advertising: The industry’s only integrated advertising engine for mobile news readers that handles both online and offline ad delivery. The Adrenalin Advertising platform allows advertisers, agencies, and consumers to easily schedule, target, and manage advertisements within the publisher’s iPad application or across the entire Adrenalin network of publishers. Adrenalin’s self-service ad sales interface also empowers consumers to instantly become advertisers. Detailed campaign reports (including clicks, impressions, and engagement) provide insights that help measure the success of each campaign.
• Adrenalin Digital Subscriptions: A built-in subscription management system that allows publishers to sell customized subscription packages from within the News Reader application. Adrenalin Digital Subscriptions allows publishers to develop a recurring revenue stream while capturing critical data on their subscribers.
Pricing for the Adrenalin platform varies based on the components selected. It can start as low as zero, with Mediaspectrum charging a small percentage for revenue it helps facilitate.
The solution makes its debut today at DEMO Fall 2010 in Silicon Valley, where Mediaspectrum was hand-selected to formally introduce Adrenalin to the marketplace. Mediaspectrum will also host an Adrenalin Webinar on September 23rd at 2pm ET to introduce the platform to interested publishers. To sign up, please send an email to email@example.com.
Mediaspectrum’s Cloud Computing Platform is the premier solution for addressing all aspects of multi-channel advertising and editorial content management. We provide a unique environment that encourages media companies to consolidate their legacy solutions into a single, Web-based platform. The Mediaspectrum platform currently helps some of the world’s leading media companies—including the Washington Post, Tribune Company, USA Today and Trinity Mirror—to increase ad revenues, manage content, streamline processes, and improve customer experience. Our products are easy-to-use, fast to deploy, and target every form of print and digital media. Mediaspectrum is headquartered in Burlington, MA and can be found on the Web at http://www.mediaspectrum.net.