This site uses affiliate links as a means of monetization.
By developing an open architecture (standard plugins) between KonaKart and dotCMS, the framework and integration patterns will allow for marketing and social components to be distributed throughout the e-commerce experience — while minimizing risks and unnecessary load to the transactional systems. This architecture introduces system segmentation from core infrastructures, which is vital to the stability and security of e-commerce inner-workings.
Other social e-commerce benefits include:
- Enabling the marketing and community managers to introduce new campaigns and functionality with minimal IT participation.
- Empower marketers and channel/outreach specialists with tools to help promote local events for stores and partners.
- Enable the unification of community content with standard e-commerce content.
- Enable a unified tagging solution for products, expert advice, product review, etc.
- Syndicate data between wholesalers, retailers, industry experts and customers.
- KonaKart and dotCMS plan to release these plugins and tool-sets in both their open source offerings by the 2nd Quarter of 2010. Future offerings and support packages will follow shortly after.
“We are thrilled to join dotCMS in this exciting new initiative drawing together two best of breed solutions in the Enterprise-strength java application space”, said John Hornsby, CEO, KonaKart. “I'm convinced that the value to customers of this combined offering is even greater than the sum of its parts. We're looking forward to many joint projects in the near future.”