The Joomla Project is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla 2.5.4. This is a security release. The Production Leadership Team's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community. Learn more about Joomla! development at the Developer Site.
The update process is very simple, and complete instructions are available here. Note that there are now easier and better ways of updating than FTPing the files.
New Features Added
The following new features have been added, with links to the Feature tracker issue.
- Add option to show full CMS version number in generator tag (Mark Dexter)
- Implementing Access levels for Content Languages (JM Simonet, Dennis Hermatski, Christophe Demko)
- Make the auto-update process more reliable across different hosts (Nicholas Dionysopoulos)
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority – Core – Information Disclosure. More information »
- Low Priority – Core – XSS Vulnerability. More information »
Learn more at http://www.joomla.org