Jaws, developed by the Jaws project led by Ali Fazelzadeh, has now seen its latest upgrade in the form of Jaws 1.1.0.
For those of you who are unaware of Jaws platform, it is described by its creators as a, "Framework and Content Management System for building dynamic web sites. It aims to be User Friendly giving ease of use and lots of ways to customize web sites, but at the same time is Developer Friendly, it offers a simple and powerful framework to hack your own modules."
The open-source platform offers a user interface which is extremely user friendly, along with a host of "gadgets" which can be inserted into your website via a drag-and-drop system. To get a better idea of what it can do, check out our Jaws CMS Review.
Now though, let's take a look at what's new for Jaws users.
Private Messaging, Emblems, Fixes & More
Jaws 1.1.0 is the latest release of the CMS, bringing about a huge myriad of additions, updates and fixes. Below is a full list of what you can expect from Jaws 1.1.0:
- Added new Private Message gadget
- Added support separate layout file for index page in themes
- Added support post image to Blog gadget
- Added more tags tag to BBCode plugin
- Added HTML5 WebSocket Server/Client API
- Added support url rewriting in IIS 7.0 and above
- Added new type to Emblems gadget
- Fixed deprecated methods/modifiers in PHP 5.5
- Fixed comments ordering in Comments gadgets
- Fixed conflict between layout and normal actions in Comments gadgets
- Fixed read more links in Comments gadget
- Fixed error/notice in FeedReader gadget
- Fixed fetching right trimmed data value in database wrapper
- Fixed conflict between normal and layout actions in StaticPage gadget
- Fixed double filtering posts in Forums gadget
- Improved support drafted topics/posts in Forums gadget
- Improved user experience in Forums gadget
- Improved management by adding new dynamic ACL to Forums gadget
- Improved request parsing in Jaws_Request core class
- Improved user's dashboard usability
- Improved and customized bbcode plugin of CKEditor for in front-end
- Improved SEO by replacing h2 with h3 tag in all front-end outputs
- Improved SEO via auto convert h3 to h2 tags in main requested action
- Updated tinyMCE to 4.0.16
- Updated CKEditor to 4.3.2
It's fair to say that the Jaws CMS team has been busy beefing up their platform, and the long list of new features and fixes above are a testament to that. To see more about Jaws 1.1.0, check out the official release notes.