Jahia, provider of next generation Open Source CMS solutions, today announced the commercial release of Jahia 6.5, the first open source, zero-coding, next-generation CMS, featuring a broad range of Enterprise capabilities. The new release bridges web, portal, social, search, mobile user experience, and content management, with a single composite platform.
Jahia 6.5 offers the best of both worlds by combining the modular ease of PHP on top of the latest powerful Java frameworks. It makes it easy to build user-centric, content rich applications combining of any type of enterprise and web content. Features include:
● Jahia Studio for fine-grained template customization, and drag-and-drop website assembly using ready-made components.
● JahiaApps Forge – a community-based marketplace of ready-made templates and application modules.
● Choice of a wide variety of scripting languages, including PHP and jsp.
● HTML5 delivery of multimedia and graphical content, without the need for proprietary plugins and APIs.
● Drag-and-drop creation of blogs, wikis, forums, and data-driven charts and graphs.
● myConnections interaction from Jahia’s Interface.
● Cloud ready.
● Sustainable Open Source Business Model: the first guaranteed Enterprise contribution program in Professional Open Source.
● A unique software for both the Enterprise and the Community, with targeted license and services for paying customers.
“As a matter of full disclosure, my personal bias in choosing my Top 5 exciting features in Jahia 6.5 is geared toward those features I think can best help our development team deliver high value features for our clients and deliver solutions as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible,” said Glenn Korban, Beta Partner and Director of Technology at Oshyn Inc.
“This is a stellar version! Jahia 6.5 is a very impressive product. Please let your guys know that I’m really impressed with the job that they've done,” added Brian Jimerson, Technical Architect at Beta Partner Avantia, Inc.
“Jahia 6.5 makes module creation easier than ever before – more like a PHP solution such as Drupal – which is unheard of among Java platforms,” said Emmanuel Garcin, Vice President of Jahia Solutions Group. “Our new release supports the smooth delivery of data from any source, and our new Jahia Studio enables users to compose composite content applications with zero coding. Jahia 6.5 is the first iteration of a great journey ahead, together with our community, customers, and partners, to build ‘content smart’ business solutions.”
Jahia 6.5 available for immediate download
Jahia’s next-generation, open source CMS stems from a widely acknowledged vision of enterprise application convergence – web, search, document, social and portal – unified by the simplicity of web content management. Structured around Jahia Extended Content Management (xCM), the Jahia Studio IDE, Jahiapps social and collaboration capabilities and based on a powerful Composite Content Management platform, Jahia brings a unique modularity to the Java development arena. It is the tool of choice for building innovative user experiences for virtually any type of web application at a fraction of the cost of competing solutions. Founded in 2002 in Switzerland, Jahia has its North American headquarters in Washington, DC, and offices in Canada and throughout Europe. Jahia has over 350 customers in more than 20 countries across the globe. For more information, please visit www.jahia.com.