The ProcessWire team is proud to announce the latest release of ProcessWire, version 2.1. This is the second major open source release of ProcessWire CMS and includes a lot of great improvements:
- Users are now extensible like everything else in ProcessWire. This means you can add any custom fields to your users and roles.
- Continued tweaks to our prized API and selector engine. Inspired by jQuery, ProcessWire has the most consistent, easy-to-use and powerful API that is second-to-none in the CMS world.
- Redesigned access management that that's even more powerful and easy to use than before.
- New drag-n-drop file and image uploading capability … uploading has never been so fun! See this video.
- Smart cache management and clearing capabilities, helping you to build blazing-fast websites.
- Major improvements to the admin page search engine–everything in ProcessWire is searchable.
- Continued improvements to the admin UI for faster and easier site building.
- Our devoted community has been busy with fantastic and numerous new plugin modules and admin themes for version 2.1.
ProcessWire is a friendly and powerful open source CMS and CMF with an exceptionally strong foundation. With all custom fields, an easy-to-use jQuery-inspired API, and a powerful page selector engine, ProcessWire will rise to any task.
Clients love ProcessWire for its no-fuss simplicity and ease of use when editing their site. Designers and developers love ProcessWire for its thoughtful, easy and powerful API-driven approach that keeps them in control of the markup and makes development fun again. Not to mention, ProcessWire's API can also be booted from other applications or command-line scripts, bringing entire new levels of accessibility to your content.
ProcessWire is a modern SEO's dream come true. It uses logical, readable and search-friendly URLs that always reflect the content's home in the tree. Meaning you'll never have to worry about multiple URLs or play duplicate content games. With full markup control, all custom fields, and support for runtime URL segments, ProcessWire lets you take full advantage of all the on-site SEO possibilities without wasting your time on long irrelevant tags and tricks.
ProcessWire is designed for the needs of today and not limited by the past. It is equally at home powering small-to-large scale standards-friendly websites, mobile websites, JSON/XML web services, Flash applications, AJAX-driven content, iPhone/Android applications, and more. This output agnosticism drives ProcessWire's simplicity and makes it support, rather than interfere with your work.
ProcessWire may be relatively new to the open source world, but it's a mature product that comes from a strong bloodline of CMSs developed over nearly a decade. ProcessWire is now in its second major version (2.1) and runs beautifully on web servers running PHP 5.2+ and MySQL 5.
Learn more about ProcessWire CMS and download: http://processwire.com