The Elxis development team are happy to announce the release of the next generation of their CMS, Elxis 4.0 Nautilus. Elxis 4.x is a brand new CMS built with object oriented programming.
- Uses PDO as a database layer
- Supports multiple sites under one installation (multi-sites)
- Extends the use of AJAX
- jQuery ready
- Mobile ready
- XHTML5/HTML5 ready
- Small footprint
- Optimized for use on large scale sites
- Supports logging
- Automatic error notification alerts
- Integrated web statistics
- New Elxis Defender for extra protection against web attacks
- APC caching support
- New extension types
- New search system
- Much much more.
See the Elxis 4.0 and Elxis 2009.3 comparison table for a list of the most important changes.
Currently Elxis 4.0 has been released as a Beta version for evaluation by the users. You can freely download Elxis 4.0 Nautilus from elxis.org and use it for your site. We are interested in your opinion. If you wish visit the Elxis forums and tell us what you think about it or report a problem or a bug.