A new version of the popular open-source social networking CMS, Elgg has been released! 1.7.2 is primarily a bugfix release.
Here is a brief list of some of the more annoying bugs that were squashed:
- Saving drafts and previewing blogs works as expected.
- Page titles can now be edited in the Pages plugin.
- Group names no longer show up in Friends Collections.
- Added a group member listing page.
- Group forum topics can be edited.
- User data for usernames with UTF8 characters are correctly migrated to the new data scheme.
Plugin developers will be pleased to know that a number of bugs in the API were also fixed. These include:
- Numerous bug fixes to the elgg_get_*() functions.
- Added a generic email sending function (elgg_send_email()).
- Added ability to remove river items by ID (remove_from_river_by_id()).
- Added a generic excerpt function (elgg_get_excerpt()).