This site uses affiliate links as a means of monetization.
The last beta release of Drupal 7 is now available. This should be the final beta before Drupal 7 reaches release candidate status.
This release includes:
- Upgrade to jQuery 1.4.4 and jQuery UI 1.8.6
- Numerous upgrade path fixes
- Numerous accessibility fixes
- All critical bugs fixed!
For the full list of changes, see the release notes.
From the announcement:
Because Drupal is by definition release-ready right now, we are going to strictly timebox the following:
- Maintainers have until 11:59 PM Pacific US Time Wednesday, November 17 (07:59 AM UTC) to dig up critical issues from their majors queue. Move them from “major” to “critical” so that we can discuss. (Note that these will have to pass an extremely high bar; we've had almost 3 years to identify such issues.)
- While going through your queues, if you find issues that impact string freeze, please tag them “string freeze.”
- I want to roll RC1 to no later than November 30, 2010 (with the caveat of any new security/data loss issues will block the release if still active at that time). Ideally, we do RC1 even earlier (Dries's birthday is November 19, or failing that, US Thanksgiving represents a GREAT time for many of you to get away from your family and work on Drupal :)).
Grab your copy today and get testing: Drupal 7.0 Beta 3 released