DotNetNuke Corp., the company behind the most widely adopted Web Content Management Platform for Microsoft .NET, today announced a two year compounded annual growth rate of 103% for the period ending 2011. The company began licensing its Professional Edition product offering in 2009. DotNetNuke Corp. continued its strong growth in 2012, ending the second quarter with a 42% increase over first quarter 2012. The worldwide customer base for commercial products grew to over 2,000 during the same period. Customer loyalty also remained high, with a monthly churn of less than 1%. The number of commercial applications distributed through the DotNetNuke Store rose to over 10,000 apps and design templates. The DotNetNuke open source community also grew substantially, now powering over 700,000 production web sites worldwide and more than 1 million registered community members.
In November 2011, DotNetNuke tripled attendance at the company’s annual user conference. DNN World 2012, which will be held in Orlando, Florida from October 10 – 12, is on track to be the largest DotNetNuke event to date.
In addition to realizing strong growth across all customer segments, DotNetNuke’s commercial products have been implemented at an accelerated rate by federal, state and local government agencies, including the United States Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines. In recognition of the significant adoption of DotNetNuke products by the Department of Defense, Les Benito, Director of Public Web for Defense Media Activity, will deliver a keynote address at this year’s DNN World conference.
The company plans to unveil DNN 7.0, a major upgrade to the DotNetNuke platform, at DNN World. DNN 7.0 includes a modern client- side development interface built on Microsoft’s Web API and ASP.Net platform. Based on the close integration of DNN 7.0 with Microsoft’s next generation server and web development tools, Scott Hunter, Principal Program Manager for Microsoft’s Web Platform, will also deliver a keynote presentation at the event in October.
- Adding to its list of commercial customers, DotNetNuke Corp signed license agreements with leading companies including Bank of America, Black and Decker, British Petroleum, Cannon, Chrysler, Miller/Coors, NASCAR, the National Football League , Pfizer, Texas Instruments, Time Warner, True Value Hardware and Weight Watchers.
- The company released the 6.1 version of the DotNetNuke Web CMS and application development framework that enables the delivery of web content optimized for thousands of mobile devices.
- DotNetNuke launched version 6.2, the Social CMS for business, which provides a suite of social collaboration tools that enable the development of online communities and social intranets. DNN 6.2 also includes support for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and 2007.
- In the first quarter of 2012, the company launched a redesigned and upgraded DotNetNuke Store, which delivers a streamlined shopping experience for customers searching for pre-built application modules and design templates.
- The company received numerous awards and recognition including the AlwaysOn Top 100, Red Herring Top 100 North America, “WCMS Innovator” recognition by Info-Tech Research Group and Inc Magazine Top 500/5000 for 2011 and 2012.
- DotNetNuke Corp expanded operations into the EMEA markets by opening its European headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- The company signed partnership agreements with a growing list of Microsoft Gold Certified partners including Infinite Computing Systems, SSW and Yahara.
- In 2012, DotNetNuke launched cloud-based trials for its Professional Edition, which continues to drive adoption of the company’s commercial products.
“DotNetNuke offers a strong social platform at a mid-market price-point. It supports collaboration and the building of both internal and external social communities,” said Christopher Wynder, Research Analyst at Info-Tech Research Group.