This site uses affiliate links as a means of monetization.
CoreMedia, a leading Web Content Management (WCM) company, today announced CoreMedia Elastic Social, which provides architecture and advanced social feature enhancements to its Social Software to enable companies to engage their audiences in uniquely scalable conversations around their Web content.
As social networking quickly becomes the de facto medium for interaction by consumers and executives alike, companies are searching for scalable ways to transform their websites into social environments and engage with their audiences on a more interactive level without sacrificing website performance or driving up costs. If a hot topic arises, Web traffic and online conversations can peak quickly and unpredictably.
CoreMedia Elastic Social incorporates a new architecture based on NoSQL and cloud technology for high website performance and virtually unlimited horizontal scaling to meet peak traffic requirements. As a result, enterprises can seamlessly scale to support surging numbers of user conversations and contributions occurring in parallel on their websites – without necessitating excessively expensive infrastructure investments.
CoreMedia Elastic Social Benefits:
- Scale to Support Activity Spikes – Companies can grow their audience and engage Web visitors on all properties without degrading site performance.
- Empower Business Users – CoreMedia Elastic Social is seamlessly integrated into CoreMedia Studio, the CMS’s zero-install Web-based editorial interface for business users. This enables businesses to create social communities and manage user engagement from a familiar interface, without necessitating the intervention of IT.
- Empower Developers – CoreMedia Elastic Social is pre-configured for speed and simplicity so that even less experienced developers can add out-of-the-box social media functionality to CoreMedia CMS Web properties.
- Build Loyalty – By creating a space for communities to interact and grow on their Web properties, enterprises can build brand loyalty, convert customers into advocates, elicit user feedback and address customer concerns quickly.
- Personalize Web Experiences – Social data can be more easily collected and leveraged to create more compelling, relevant content for Web visitors.
CoreMedia Elastic Social Features:
- Scalable Architecture – In order to meet the challenges posed to websites by the growth user generated content, CoreMedia Elastic Social is built on a proven NoSQL database architecture. This provides virtually unlimited scalability to accommodate spikes in social traffic via horizontal scaling of write access and elastic scaling on-premise or in the cloud. As a result, enterprises gain a long-term road map for supporting ongoing audience contributions.
- Out-of-the-Box Social Functionality – Includes a comprehensive suite of standard social media use-cases for immediate deployment, including ratings, likes, user commenting, threaded discussions, user profiles and comment moderation. CoreMedia Elastic Social also provides dynamic rules and widgets for aggregating and publishing user-rated content based on category and timeframe.
- Single Web Interface – Features a single Web-based editorial interface for business users, content editors and moderators to manage user-generated content across all Web properties.
- Flexible Deployment Options – CoreMedia Elastic Social can be deployed on-premise, in the cloud or via a hybrid model to accommodate any security or traffic management requirements.
CoreMedia is a leading provider of Web Content Management (WCM) software to organizations demanding engaging, context-driven online experiences for their customers regardless of channel or touchpoint. The company’s WCM suite offers unique business value by seamlessly integrating digital and social media assets, increasing editorial productivity and accelerating time to market in complex environments. As a result, businesses can more effectively execute their online strategies to engage users, build customer loyalty and ultimately drive greater revenue and profitability.
Established in 1996, CoreMedia is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Singapore. CoreMedia’s clients include global brands, such as the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC), Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), Bertelsmann, BILD, CLAAS, Continental, EPCOS, Deutsche Telekom, Internet Broadcasting, O2, and Singapore Press Holdings.
For further information on CoreMedia, please visit www.coremedia.com