Founded in 1999, Clickability is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) WCM that helps enterprises efficiently manage content globally for all web, mobile, and social initiatives.
The patent in question is for a feature set within Clickability’s website personalization and targeting solution, Website Marketing Acceleration (WMA). The feature allows marketers to configure and test web visitor segmentation and profiling rules, and then apply these rules in a test setting using pre-built target personas.
In other words - together with the broader features of WMA - the feature helps marketers to target the right content to the right person at the right time.
Audience Segmentation & Progressive Profiling
Here's an overview of what enhancements this new patented feature brings to WMA:
- Audience Segmentation: Marketers can define any number of audience segments however they wish, including by geography, industry, job function, company size, etc. Users create segment rules so that only the correct, targeted questions are asked of a visitor in a specific segment.
- Lead scoring: Marketers score leads based on visitor data and activity on the website.
- Profile Level: Marketers establish profile levels defined by aspects such as a visitor’s lead score and how much information is known about a visitor. Visitor information can be gathered explicitly (gather data by requesting information as visitors download content) or implicitly.
- Progressive Profiling: Marketers establish gates (questions via forms that visitors must complete) for accessing content based on profile level. For example, visitors in profile level one with a lead score of 10 will receive different gates, or questions, than visitors with a lead score of 30 in profile level two.
- Marketers can create a Resource Portfolio where visitors can save content and where marketers can add additional content.
- Marketers can import data into WMA from any source, and aggregate visitor information from WMA into marketing automation and CRM platforms.
Regarding the news, Noah Logan, General Manager of Clickability, made these comments:
“Seventy percent of the B2B buyer’s journey is complete before even engaging with a vendor, and 87% of B2B buyers say that content has an impact on vendor selection.
There’s no doubt that for B2B marketers, the most critical investment they’ll make is in providing an engaging, effective digital content experience. Leveraging Clickability’s powerful, flexible content management platform, our WMA solution provides marketers with the easiest, most effective way to target their website content and provide truly personalized experiences.
As a result, they can accelerate the process of moving anonymous website visitors through the marketing funnel to become qualified sales leads.”
To find out more about Clickability, check out their official website.