A new alpha release of the open source CRM software, CiviCRM, is available. Version 3.3 alpha boasts a number of new features including:
- First version of new CiviCampaign component, it includes initial support for Canvassing, Surveys and Petitions.
- Advanced search extended to show objects other than contacts (and object related actions) – including activities, contributions, etc.
- Serious dedupe performance improvements.
- First take on extension mechanism for CiviCRM, allowing creation and distribution of plugins (payment processors, custom search, custom report templates for now).
- New case and grant reports.
- Better “session” management support for CiviEvent.
- First version of database logging, so you will be able to see who changed what and when.
- Address sharing between households and individuals.
Read the full post here to learn more about how to download this software: http://civicrm.org/blogs/michal/here-comes-civicrm-33-alpha