Sourcefabric, formerly known as Campware, has made its first software release since the restructuring and renaming of the organisation, which started over a decade ago as the digital media department of the Media Development Loan Fund. The new Campsite 3.3.6 release sees over twenty-five improvements, new features and bug fixes that focus on increased stability and security for users.
Security and stability enhancements include:
- Total compatibility with newest version of PHP - 5.3.
- A SQL Injection vulnerability in the TinyMCE text editor's article attachment functions is fixed (previously remedied with this patch)
- The upgrade process has been made safer by not allowing multiple upgrade processes in parallel.
Bug fixes include:
- Minor article lists, ordering and unlocking bugs fixed
- Small issues with polls and forums fixed
- Default login page language and character front end script bugs fixed
Campsite is the only open source content management system (CMS) written specifically for news organisations. The next release is Campsite 3.4, due at the end of June.