Sourcefabric, formerly known as Campware, has made its first software release since the restructuring and renaming of the organisation, which started over a decade ago as the digital media department of the Media Development Loan Fund. The new Campsite 3.3.6 release sees over twenty-five improvements, new features and bug fixes that focus on increased stability and security for users.
Security and stability enhancements include:
- Total compatibility with newest version of PHP – 5.3.
- A SQL Injection vulnerability in the TinyMCE text editor's article attachment functions is fixed (previously remedied with this patch)
- The upgrade process has been made safer by not allowing multiple upgrade processes in parallel.
Bug fixes include:
- Minor article lists, ordering and unlocking bugs fixed
- Small issues with polls and forums fixed
- Default login page language and character front end script bugs fixed
For a full list of improvements, please visit http://links.sourcefabric.org/3.3.6. The Campsite manual can be found here and the mailing list and forum is at http://forum.sourcefabric.org.
Campsite is the only open source content management system (CMS) written specifically for news organisations. The next release is Campsite 3.4, due at the end of June.