For the 50,000 merchants currently using the Bigcommerce platform, Bigcommerce Next brings about brand new responsive themes, store management apps for iOS and Android, Stripe payments integration, and much more.
Before I delve into exactly what’s new, take a look at the Bigcommerce Next introduction video below.
Beauty, Brawn & Brains
The beauty of Bigcommerce Next comes thanks to the brand new theme store with dozens of store designs that are not only visually stunning, but are also responsive and highly optimized for conversion.
Its brawn is down to the improved advanced Bigcommerce features, including the API and platform with the introduction of Single Click Apps™, one-click payment setup and a built-in blog. Finally, the brains come via access to Bigcommerce’s industry-leading knowledge with on-demand training, a step-by-step marketing wizard and more.
Regarding the release of Bigcommerce Next, Eddie Machaalani, co-founder and co-CEO of Bigcommerce, had this to say:
“With Bigcommerce Next we’ve placed a huge focus on two things – expanding the capabilities of our platform with Single Click Apps and increasing conversion rates for our merchants with blogging and dozens of new store designs that have been extensively optimized for conversion.”
Mobile Store Management, Blogging & More
Below is a listed roundup of what Bigcommerce users can expect from Bigcommerce Next:
- Single Click Apps, our integrated app store that allows merchants to add capabilities to their store via third party apps in a single click
- A new theme store with dozens of store designs that are not only visually stunning, but are also responsive and highly optimized for conversion
- A new blogging engine which makes it easy for merchants to publish a blog that’s automatically optimized for search engines like Google and Bing
- Mobile store management apps for iPhone, iPad and Android smart phones and tablets which lets merchants get order notifications, update products and see real-time store performance metrics on the go
- One click integration with Stripe for payments – enables merchants to accept payments in seconds vs the traditional method of 2-4 week delays with payment gateways and banks
- Google Trusted stores integration to increase conversion rate for shoppers that arrive via any of the Google properties, including paid search and Google Shopping
- A step-by-step marketing wizard called Traffic Engine which teaches merchants how to drive demand to their stores using Google, blogs, social media, email marketing and more
- A revamped checkout experience that has been designed to optimize conversion at each step of the process, all the way from the cart to the order confirmation screen
- Bigcommerce University, a comprehensive video-based learning experience that teaches merchants how to sell more using Bigcommerce and online marketing
A 15 day free trial of Bigcommerce Next is ready for anybody to try, which can be found on the official Bigcommerce website.